Rumours

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It doesn’t really though. KWP says training is a bit tough and gets eternally binned. Serge, in contrast, openly states he wants to leave and gets......rewarded?
I dont think Its him saying it is the issue. Its him leaking it to the press. The manager cant be having that. It would show the squad they can do what they like.

I dont think Its him saying it is the issue. Its him leaking it to the press. The manager cant be having that. It would show the squad they can do what they like.

True. But how is that any worse than telling the press you want to leave?

If Poch can sack off a promising young players career (in a vital position) for a mistake then he’s not just an idiot, he’s a bit of a cunt too.

Also, how the fuck can he tell anyone off about the press when he himself was talking about fucking off after the CL final, and continuously flirting with RM?

Also, how the fuck can he tell anyone off about the press when he himself was talking about fucking off after the CL final, and continuously flirting with RM?

That's because it's apparently difficult for him to see when he's doing something wrong. Had he acknowledged some of his mistakes, we wouldn't be in our current state.

Thought that Moura was doing well at PSG, regular starter scoring and assisting goals....but PSG signed Neymar and Moura was benched only making about 6 appearances off the bench in the half season after Neymar's arrival which is why he was keen to join Spurs in the January.

So not sure he'd want to be Neymar's backup again.......might be attracted to Barcelona though

Of course you're right but that's not how leadership works is it.

He cant have one of his group openly knocking his methods to the media. The group as a whole would see it as weak leadership and give them carte balance to do what they want.

It doesn't really matter if they think his a prick, but it does matter if they dont respect him.

Thought that Moura was doing well at PSG, regular starter scoring and assisting goals....but PSG signed Neymar and Moura was benched only making about 6 appearances off the bench in the half season after Neymar's arrival which is why he was keen to join Spurs in the January.

So not sure he'd want to be Neymar's backup again.......might be attracted to Barcelona though
You've got the wrong end of the stick here! Barcelona's Plan B if they could not re-sign Neymar.

Walker-Peters being the press leak on training makes a lot of sense considering he’s just been completely dropped. However, I’m not as convinced on the rest. If Lucas is upset and wants to leave because he thinks he should start a CL final ahead of Harry fucking Kane, then he needs to go in January.

There’s no need to think about silly rumours or scandals, we have reached the end of the road with this manager and his idea of football, while some players have had enough of playing for Tottenham, that’s all. There are always daft rumours when any top team is struggling.

The players have had 5 years of brutal training on relatively low salaries and have no medals to show for it. The manager was talking about leaving before we even played the CL final. What I see on the pitch is exactly what I would expect when the manager and several players are just waiting for the phone to ring with an offer from their next club.

Poch is just going through the motions, you can see it in his eyes. The manager who famously said he “wanted to kill all my players and then myself“ and that “it will be difficult to look my wife and boys in the eye” after we lost 5-1 to Newcastle a few years ago is not in charge anymore. When when we lost 7-2 at home to Bayern it was not a big deal to him. A team always reflects the attitude of the manager, nothing else needs to be said.

I'm not usually one for rumours but given recent performances, it's easy to start looking for reasons and I came across a couple on social media this evening from a supposed Tottenham insider. Among these, it would seem that:

- Eriksen has skipped multiple training sessions
- Moura fell out with Poch after being left out of UCL final and then us blocking his move to Barca.
- Dele and Dier fell out
- KWP was the anon player who went to the press with complaints about the intense training sessions. Poch found out and dropped him, other players in squad also angry with KWP.
- another training ground bust up between staff and players.

Like I say, not usually one for rumours but I've suspected for a while that the squad is divided into 3/4 different mindsets, and some probably dislike each other.

The KWP one interesting, I seem to remember a training clip from the last week or so where some of the players were playing keepy ups and KWP wasnt getting a look in.

I don't know what to make of it, all I know is I want my Tottenham back! Even the Tottenham of the 90s showed signs of promise and entertainment!
Is this the same source as the Vertonghen Eriksen wife story?

Apart from the ajax game show me a stand out performance that makes anyone say that hes a regular starter.
He just isn't- he needs to earn the right to be a regular
Why do you think he was languishing in PSG's reserves?

But hey, it's another thing to beat Poch with....

I agree it’s pockets of performances, but he has the excuse of not being picked enough to find form.
He was in good form towards the back end of last season. And his hat trick against Huddlesfield was impressive, when compared to the poor performances from others in that game.

I don’t want to defend anyone especially as none of them can be defended this season, which means really he should not be getting less playing time than some of the others, which in itself is odd. In his 10 minutes yesterday he did more than Alli did in his time, but Alli will start next game. Suggests there is a bigger problem.

Back
Top Bottom