Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The problem with not fighting unproven allegations is show right here - too little too late

After being contacted, the BBC admitted it “did not make sufficiently clear” that no evidence of racism was found – and said it will edit the film, which is still available to view on its iPlayer, to reflect this.

The BBC programme based around Holocaust Remembrance day basically uses Spurs fans as an example of where racism is still to found today, the fact that the accusation had nothing to do with Jews or the Holocaust but relates to un-founded accusations of monkey chants against a black payer didn't bother the BBC - Spurs are a Jewish club so let's use their fans to make our point.

The BBC are blatantly using racial stereotyping and a racist agenda ... but the woke crowd won't care, white people can't get offended we should all learn to accept that fact.

All those who said, don't fight back, well this is where you end up ... mud sticks you have too fight and wash it off.

Last edited:
The club should announce legal action against Rudiger just before we play them. He can't be allowed to get away with it. The evidence that he did a Jussie Smollett in front of 60,000 people and a TV audience of millions is overwhelming.

The problem with not fighting unproven allegations is show right here - too little too late

After being contacted, the BBC admitted it “did not make sufficiently clear” that no evidence of racism was found – and said it will edit the film, which is still available to view on its iPlayer, to reflect this.

The BBC programme based around Holocaust Remembrance day basically uses Spurs fans as an example of where racism is still to found today, the fact that the accusation had nothing to do with Jews or the Holocaust but relates to un-founded accusations of monkey chants against a black payer didn't bother the BBC - Spurs are a Jewish club so let's use their fans to make our point.

The BBC are blatantly using racial stereotyping and a racist agenda ... but the woke crowd won't care, white people can't get offended we should all learn to accept that fact.

All those who said, don't fight back, well this is where you end up ... mud sticks you have too fight and wash it off.

The BBC piece was pretty outrageous - they near on allowed themselves to be used by Chelsea as PR to prove they aren't racist and we are........all the time David Baddiel was sat there smugly

Our lawyers are dealing with it, hopefully they will hammer the BBC to the extent where they have to make a full and public apology, with compensation, a couple of million would be good.

Looking back, this played out exactly as some of us predicted; Spurs accused of racism, media outrage over it, absolutely no proof of racism found, media couldn't give a fuck. Like someone accused and found not guilty in court, people will always think they did it with nobody caring that the accuser could've potentially made the whole thing up (not for the first time).

Our lawyers are dealing with it, hopefully they will hammer the BBC to the extent where they have to make a full and public apology, with compensation, a couple of million would be good.

Just a ban on Baddiel from our screens would suffice.

Do we really think our club or any club doesn't have a problem with racism? It is in society much more than we think, why we should be squeaky clean is beyond me, let me guess that banana thrown from our fan section just slipped out of a guy hand?

No was Rudiger lying I have no idea and ofc the media jumped on it cause that's what the media do, any club would have been treated the same say.

The club should announce legal action against Rudiger just before we play them. He can't be allowed to get away with it. The evidence that he did a Jussie Smollett in front of 60,000 people and a TV audience of millions is overwhelming.
I’m not sure Rudiger lied, think he just misheard and made a mistake. But the fact it’s happened twice now with him and absolutely no evidence was found, it doesn’t look good on him

I do not for 1 minute believe he lied about it. Misheard...yep but flat out lied on the spot like that? Nah.

Then he should come out and apologise for being mistaken. The fact he hasn't done that indicates to me it's because he knew he fabricated it to divert attention away from his feigning injury to get Son sent off.

Real racism is actually quite easy to spot:

This woke bullshit where anyone can accuse anyone else of being racist without any evidence has to stop as it's ultimately incredibly counter productive.

Do we really think our club or any club doesn't have a problem with racism? It is in society much more than we think, why we should be squeaky clean is beyond me, let me guess that banana thrown from our fan section just slipped out of a guy hand?

I wouldn't say by definition that the club specifically have a problem with racism; particularly if indeed we're already conceding that it's a societal issue. It's ridiculous to suggest that the club can 'cleanse' the outlook of every individual that walks through the turnstiles every game. Is there a culture of racism inherently in our ranks? Fuck no.... Have we ever been video'd en-mass racially abusing people on trains like the Chavs (for example)?

That banana stuff was stupid.... An item of food thrown at a group of Arse players in anger.

Naive of the geezer, sure; but racially motivated? Nah, not buying that.... I'm not prone to throwing stuff, but be it a sandwich or a banana I don't think the connotations of a banana would have crossed my mind in such a scenario. Someone threw a cup of tea at Kepa in that Chavs game too.... I'd suggest that if that culprit was eating fruit instead then that would have been his 'missile' of choice.

No-one has suggested that it was premeditated in that the guy took a banana to a game for no other reason than to engage in a racist 'attack'.

No was Rudiger lying I have no idea and ofc the media jumped on it cause that's what the media do, any club would have been treated the same say.

Devils advocate says: Well why wasn't the guy that ACTUALLY got busted for abusing Sonny at the very same guy used as the racist poster-boy for the occasion or the BBC article? ....Why were we collective portrayed as such based on nothing more than an accusation?

(I'm not claiming anti-Spurs conspiracy, but our portrayal was bullshit regardless.)

Back
Top Bottom