Rubin Kazan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sibs said:
Louis XVI said:
Ben said:
Side note, who is they're coach an why is he holding some weird antique anal bead things

Rosary Beads as educated/non retarded people call them.

Close, they are more commonly known as Worry Beads http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombolói

(Sorry for going completely off topic... COYS etc)

No, not really mate. Type 'Kurban Berdyev' and 'rosary beads' into google and compare the hits with the same name and 'worry beads'.

Only one hit with his name and 'worry beads'.

Anyhow...

Kaboul is just fucking immense. Learning from the king

Good change from Harry, lets hope theres no injuries.

Louis XVI said:
No, not really mate. Type 'Kurban Berdyev' and 'rosary beads' into google and compare the hits with the same name and 'worry beads'.

Anyhow...

Given that Kurban Berdyev is Muslim I doubt he would carry a rosary to every game :wink:

Lets agree to call them 'Prayer beads' and stop all this fussing and fighting

Ben said:

He grows in stature every season - hopefully will be with us in partnership with Dawson for a long time to come.

Sibs said:
Ben said:

He grows in stature every season - hopefully will be with us in partnership with Dawson for a long time to come.

Here here,

Think the time he spent under the kosh at pompey done him well, lost a lot of that clumsiness and hasn't looked back. Even starting to show a touch of class.

Sibs said:
Louis XVI said:

Anyhow...

Given that Kurban Berdyev is Muslim I doubt he would carry a rosary to every game :wink:

Lets agree to call them 'Prayer beads' and stop all this fussing and fighting

Of course not, it's not as if the tradition of Muslim Rosary beads was established six centuries ago or anything....

http://archive.arabnews.com/?page=21&section=0&article=87697&d=10&m=10&y=2006

anyhow...

Prayer beads for all faiths are ancient. Rosary beads are Christian. He is a Muslim, he wouldn't pray on a rosary.

"The number of beads also vary depending on the different religions. Islamic prayer beads, called "Misbaha", "Tasbih" or "Tesbih", usually have either 99 or 33 beads. Buddhists and Hindus use the Japa MalaBaha'i... The Sikh Mala also has 108 beads. The secular Greek "komboloi" has an odd number of beads— Roman Catholics use the "Rosary" (Latin "rosarium", meaning "rose garden")"

Sibs said:
Prayer beads for all faiths are ancient. Rosary beads are Christian. He is a Muslim, he wouldn't pray on a rosary.

ro·sa·ry/ˈrōzərē/
Noun:

(in the Roman Catholic Church) A form of devotion in which five (or fifteen) decades of Hail Marys are repeated, each decade preceded by...
A string of beads for keeping count in such a devotion or in the devotions of some other religions.

anyhow...

Away from all the beads, Tom Carroll had another decent performance tonight. Really like this lad, has a good brain and seems pretty cool on the ball. He looks so bloody bloody young though.

Says something about the match when fans are arguing about theology.

Still, 3 points, clean sheet and no injuries

BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES said:
Bet them beads weighed more than Tom Carrol, he looks about nine.

I thought he looked twelve with the head of an 8 year old.

Great strike by Pav, I was more entertained watching the away end, 30 of them, couple had cheerleader poms.

Also Jeff Brazier & Sheridan Smith was a few rows infront of me. Didn't know they were yido's

Just got back, thinking Gomes only gave us a good reminder of why we're better off with Friedel, and then see loads of people loving Gomes off. Did I miss something special? I thought he did the basics but even then not very convincingly.

Apart from that I was fairly happy with most of them though.

Back
Top Bottom