Rubin Kazan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_pavfreekick.gif

I thought Gomes was ok. Made one good save, and one that looked good, but was really straight at him.

Carroll looks promising, but still a little out of his depth I think. A couple of times he seemed a bit casual, and he tended to pass the ball backwards quite a bit. The games will all be good experience for him. I can see him maybe going out on loan in January or in the summer (depending on cups runs) and getting some first team experience in Championship.

Livermore did ok at Centre back, and Rose played ok.

Have to say that I was a little worried about squad depth when Jenas, Bentley, Hutton, Palacios all left, but Livermore, Rose, Townsend and Carroll have all looked steady, particularly Livermore.

May as well get rid of Dos Santos. I was hoping that he would finally come good with some games in the cup, but he just isn't good enough. Levy, take whatever money you can get in January and run.

Have to say the game highlighted the quality of Walker what a top defender he has become a great athlete strong defending, going forward he really has the whole package. What also impressed me about the game was the boy Carroll in midfield…..I was impressed the last game he played in UEFA but yesterday he was fantastic again athletic, a wide range of passing and put in a really good shift he is def one for the future.

Rose had a steady game too apart from one mistake but thats being highly critical, we have a good crop of youngsters coming through and its great to see young English talent being given a chance in these games! Kaboul is turning into a rock and I hope he keeps his form up as we need him! Lennon was shit first half but second played a bit better I mean how hard is it to receive the ball and fucking run with it down the line! instead of cutting inside time after time and losing the ball.

Bad points was Gio he was very disappointing and he clearly now has no future at the club, again we have talked about his potential but for me he just does not cut it. Gomes I love but still he leaves me on edge with everything he does! So a good run out for a second team…lets gather more momentum and get three points at Blackburn..COYS
:beer:

Can't get my head around the Carroll love in, saw some saying he was MOTM on twitter. Didn't see it myself.

The majority of the time he got the ball the first thing he did was to look to play it backwards, often putting people under pressure when better balls were on. It may just be "play the way you are facing", but at times he had acres of room if he had of turned and put his head up.

Not writing him off, far from it, I think he looks a tidy footballer but he needs to bulk up and like Sibs says maybe a loan spell would be good for him.
He's still a boy at the moment, players like Gerrard would eat him for breakfast in the Prem.

Think Gomes may be trying to give Harry a heart attack so he can force his way into the team. And Dos Santos looks like he has joined the Pav - Europa League is as good as it gets - club.

Shame Townsend didn't play, he was the main thing that changed it against Shamrock, maybe he'll start against PAOK, looking forward to that one I'm back in the Park Lane Lower.

COYS

I agree that Carroll got a little bit over-hype based on last nights performance but he does look quality. I like his attitude, he may fuck up a pass but he continues to look for the ball and get involved.

considering his age Carroll looks like a good prospect. I'm guessing he's better than the likes of Modric were at his age. Still plenty of time to develop so a big loan spell soon.

A few really good performances from Walker and Rose in particular but also Sandro is so good. We must get him into the first team. 4231 is screaming out to be played and with him and Parker as the 2 the likes of Bale, Modric, vdV, Lennon and Walker can all bomb forward when playing without fear of leaving us too open.

Really good result and performance was ok. We didn't create as much as maybe we should've considering there were still plenty of full internationals in the team. Very happy overall with it though.

Case said:
I agree that Carroll got a little bit over-hype based on last nights performance but he does look quality. I like his attitude, he may fuck up a pass but he continues to look for the ball and get involved.

You shut your mouth Case. You fix the website. That's what you do.

Was that not a correct football comment? I copy & pasted it from another website.

Sorry, I got all excited and forgot my place for a second there.

tbf, graham taylor was in on the love in. His attitude and potential are clear. However, what was also clear was that he isn't the finished article and games like last night could help in the long term.

It is nice to see some of the nextgen coming through. I was hoping that we might have been far enough ahead to throw on falque, townsend and kane to see them get game time. But can see why Harry did what he did. Close out game get three points, send the kids to russia!

tricky said:
But can see why Harry did what he did. Close out game get three points, send the kids to russia!

That will be an amazing experience for them flying all that way in what is a pretty hostile environment. It's good for them to learn from that. However, it could also good tits up if they concede early and their confidence goes. It could take quite sometime to recover mentally from something like that. All that said though, they did pretty well in Greece, which was very loud and intimidating.

I'm looking forward to seeing the likes of Coulibaly and Cellabos playing games like this next year

tricky said:
tbf, graham taylor was in on the love in. His attitude and potential are clear. However, what was also clear was that he isn't the finished article and games like last night could help in the long term.

It is nice to see some of the nextgen coming through. I was hoping that we might have been far enough ahead to throw on falque, townsend and kane to see them get game time. But can see why Harry did what he did. Close out game get three points, send the kids to russia!

Can see them all starting the away game. Probably the same team that played PAOK in Greece, although Walker might not be included. Do we have any young right-backs coming through apart from Smith out on loan at MK Dons?

Still wondering how we didn't concede last night. A good mixture of luck and last ditch defending at the end. Gomes did well. He keeps a clean sheet and yet still he gets slagged off. Poor bloke can't win. Hasn't conceded a goal for us this season yet.

Just putting it out there but;

Jake Livermore is not good enough to play in our side in the league. He has a long way to come before. Defoe obviously feels the same, otherwise he would of passed to him to beat Newcastle.

We can't both be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom