Rubin Kazan Away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Their left winger was a bit of a unit and him and Kyle had a few match ups in the first half, he was built like he was a Ginsters fan.

Fredericks on the other hand looks like he needs some Ginsters. RHS could be the weak link imo.

Just got home from work to see that we're 1-0 down and Gallas has gone off injured, what a kick in the balls that is! Still, Harry Kane is on and I'm waiting for the day he scores, just so I can sing "Rock you like a Harry-Kane" in the style of the 'Scorpions' classic.

That was the most boring Spurs performance of the year, worse than Hearts at home.

Bassong is an idiot, someone with his experience should know better than to dip half arsed into a challenge like that away in Europe. The centre mids were pathetic. I know Carroll is literally a man in a 12 year olds body but if your going to demand the ball like he does, at least string passes when you do. And as for Defoe and Pav you might as wel have had Rasiak and Postiga up front, but who would score goals with service like that.

Plus points were only two things. Falque, thought he played well, got amongst it and worked hard. Cudicini was immense in goal, kept it from being 4-0.

Away win versus Shamrock Part Timers & PAOK win at home will be enough now.

eggsoakley said:
That was the most boring Spurs performance of the year, worse than Hearts at home.

Bassong is an idiot, someone with his experience should know better than to dip half arsed into a challenge like that away in Europe. The centre mids were pathetic. I know Carroll is literally a man in a 12 year olds body but if your going to demand the ball like he does, at least string passes when you do. And as for Defoe and Pav you might as wel have had Rasiak and Postiga up front, but who would score goals with service like that.

Plus points were only two things. Falque, thought he played well, got amongst it and worked hard. Cudicini was immense in goal, kept it from being 4-0.

Away win versus Shamrock Part Timers & PAOK win at home will be enough now.

All that and you didn't mention Pienaar? What a load of shit he is.

Falque was good and thats about it apart from Cudicini.

There was a lot of people on twitter moaning earlier... I still fully expect us to qualify by winning the next two games. The kids were sent there as the management is fully aware that we can beat Shamrock away and beat PAOK and go through second... we can go through top (if my maths and predictions are correct) if PAOK beat Rubin. It's then we can start think about playing a slightly stronger team.

None of the youngsters did that badly, all considering.

First teamers, with exception of Cudicini, just looked slow, and bored.

I'll give Pienaar benefit of the doubt. People need to remember that was his first competitive game this season!

Anyone on here actually that bothered/concerned/crying/full of rage?

[centre]
KbUSA.png
[/centre]

Really was a dull affair, the only player that did anything of note was Cudicini...oh and Jake Livermore, who took down that pitch invader. Although he should have left him, there isn't much funnier than stewards trying to catch a pitch invader!

So were 3rd in our group with the Greeks at home and Shamrock away. Should easily win these two games even with our reserves but the pressure is on the young players, just hope they can deal with it.

0 shots on target...thats embarassing...

thats mainly because of Pav...Fuckin offside cunt...at one point of time he cancelled out Defoe too.... :angry:

I have a feeling that if Defoe doesn't start getting some competitive game time in the prem he might start pushing for a move away in Jan.....

With Euro 2012 on the horizon he'll probably want to be playing every week, he could do what Bent did and move to a lesser team.

I've heard the QPR rumour, I think he should stick it out and not run away at the first sign of actually having to fight for his place. Surely he'd be better staying with better players than playing alongside Jamie Mackie FFS!

VdV is in the form of his life and will take some shifting but we all know an injury is never far away with him.

I would like to think he would stick around but given the euro's and the fact that Rooney will miss the first 3 games Defoe will know he has a real oportunity.

Back
Top Bottom