Rubin Kazan Away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

YidoBuckler said:
It's easy if you know what your doing!

[formation=4411 GK=Gomes D=Stewart Bassong Gallas Townsend DM= M=Falque Livermore Carroll Townsend AM=Gio S=Pav][/formation]

Nice thinking - I was hoping Townsend would double up on their right mid as well.

boxbat said:
YidoBuckler said:

[formation=4411 GK=Gomes D=Stewart Bassong Gallas Townsend DM= M=Falque Livermore Carroll Townsend AM=Gio S=Pav][/formation]

Nice thinking - I was hoping Townsend would double up on their right mid as well.

Imagine what we could do if we took this mantra into the league....

[formation=4132 GK=Friedel D=King King King King DM=Parker M=Modric AM=Lennon VdV Bale S=Adebayor][/formation]

boxbat said:
YidoBuckler said:

Blame Davro. he ate my hamster whilst I was writing the message...

Steven Pienaar and William Gallas look set to start for the first time this season against Rubin Kazan on Thursday night.

The pair have been ruled out by injury so far in 2011-12 - Steven troubled by a groin problem, William has suffered calf strains - but both have made the trip to Russia for Matchday Four in the Europa League.

Giovani has not flown out with the squad after picking up a calf injury.

He joins Vedran Corluka (foot), Niko Kranjcar (thigh), Danny Rose (ankle), Tom Huddlestone (ankle) and Michael Dawson (Achilles) on the sidelines.

The squad is a mixture of experience and youth from the likes William and goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini to Second Year Academy trainees Jack Barthram and Kevin Stewart.

Heurelho Gomes, Seb Bassong, Jake Livermore, Jermain Defoe and Roman Pavlyuchenko, back in his home country, have all made the trip.

Do you know what, I'm expecting little from this game so will kick back and just enjoy watching the team we put out.

Would also like to see more of Townsend, one of my best mates is a millwall fan, who said he was immense for them when on loan and a real prospect.

The more experience the younger guys get now, the greater the dividends next season as hopefully some show signs of making the grade. So if we lose tonight? annoying, but not the end of the world.

I'm actually expecting us to get something from this game. A team with Gallas, Bassong, Defoe, Pav, Pineaar and Livermore in the line up ain't to shabby really.

Thelonious Filth said:
The squad is a mixture of experience and youth from the likes William and ...

For a split second I read that as Will.I.Am and became incredibly concerned for our defensive prowess. Boom Boom pow etc.

Like a few people have said I'm just looking forward to the game tonight. I think we will come away with a 1-1. If Townsend plays I think he may be the stand out player. But gotta be Pav as first goalscorer.

What i like is that a lot of the kids will be absolutely buzzing, where as the first team aren't fussed.

If I was 17-20 and someone told me I was going to Kazan to play football I'd be loving the whole experience. No disrespect to BAE etc, but it is quite clear that none of them would fancy that long trip or playing in the cold so they most likely wouldn't be at there best, regardless.

This is one of the reasons I'm glad that Bentley, Jenas, Hutton, Palacios and Keane have all moved on. They would most likely have made the journey and instead we get to see what the up and coming talent can do.

They will learn hugely from it and will be able to take that experience on in the future - there are a few other sides in the PL that would field such a young team in a European game.

And there is no expectations. I think most people wouldn't mind if we lost, provided they don't get completely annihilated and it knocks their confidence.

Sibs said:
Thelonious Filth said:
The squad is a mixture of experience and youth from the likes William and ...

For a split second I read that as Will.I.Am and became incredibly concerned for our defensive prowess. Boom Boom pow etc.

Like a few people have said I'm just looking forward to the game tonight. I think we will come away with a 1-1. If Townsend plays I think he may be the stand out player. But gotta be Pav as first goalscorer.

What i like is that a lot of the kids will be absolutely buzzing, where as the first team aren't fussed.

If I was 17-20 and someone told me I was going to Kazan to play football I'd be loving the whole experience. No disrespect to BAE etc, but it is quite clear that none of them would fancy that long trip or playing in the cold so they most likely wouldn't be at there best, regardless.

This is one of the reasons I'm glad that Bentley, Jenas, Hutton, Palacios and Keane have all moved on. They would most likely have made the journey and instead we get to see what the up and coming talent can do.

They will learn hugely from it and will be able to take that experience on in the future - there are a few other sides in the PL that would field such a young team in a European game.

And there is no expectations. I think most people wouldn't mind if we lost, provided they don't get completely annihilated and it knocks their confidence.
This ^ (apart from the 'Will I am' bit, mind you I used to have something of a Fergie fixation a while back)

Love the Kids & Love the Meat.

I'm the same as everyone else really, not expecting much from the game, would be happy with a draw to be honest considering they have only lost once at home in Europe.

Hopeful that Tom Carroll puts in a performance tonight. Can't say I have been overly convinced by him yet when I have seen him at the Lane.

Too similar in style to Samways for me, he needs to put some drive into his game and get the ball moving forward either running with it or by looking up before he gets the ball, or maybe he just needs to get bigger and stronger though to hold players off when he has the ball.

Until then maybe he just has to get it and pass it ASAP to avoid losing it. I found him quite frustrating in the second half of the home game again Rubin.

Still this type of experience will be great for all of the younger players.

LINEUP:

STARTING XI - Cudicini; Fredericks, Bassong, Gallas, Townsend; Falque, Carroll, Livermore, Pienaar; Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

SUBS - Gomes, Stewart, Nicholson, Parrett, Pritchard, Kane, Lancaster.

Ladbrokes.com are having a laugh! Defoe first scorer is 8/1, HAVE ME SOME OF THAT ARRY! :defoe:

p.s Pav is aswel!

Do you think William Gallas did a doubletake to make sure he was in the right place before he boarded the plane?
"Uhh..bonjour, who da eff are you?" :chico: (I see Billy as a Kangol wearer)
Afraid this may be the game that breaks the undefeated streak. COME ON YOU BABY SPURS!!!
...wait...COME ON YOOF SPURS!!!...that's better...

I put a quid on Defoe in the end. Only had that left in my account.

Think with goals up top and a solid defensive pairing we shouldn't be worried about losing. A draw at worst.

I would go with 2-0 spurs. 1-1 if i'm honest.

Back
Top Bottom