Rio Ferdinand

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ITK....a journo has caught a photo of him and Dawson training together

Two-snails-cross-a-wooden-veranda-in-Oberbeuren-southern-Germany-via-AFP-512x345.jpg

I'd question Man Utd getting rid of him (at a time they are short on quality centre backs) and us taking him on, after a season when we finished above them.

Not a perfect rule by any means, but if they don't need him, we don't need him.

Not a perfect rule by any means, but if they don't need him, we don't need him.

not entirely true. Man u are full of players with experience and winning mentality, we on the other hand are not. We are crying out for a proper experienced leader in the squad which Ferdinand very much is. He could teach our lot plenty over a season or 2 in and around the squad like Davids did. We need winners and players who don't give up when the going gets tough.

Lots of comparisons to Gallas - most of them forgetting that he played some pretty good games for us. I think its probably better to compare him to Davids when he came, past his best for sure but the impact he had on the team was significant.

I still call bullshit though.

not entirely true. Man u are full of players with experience and winning mentality, we on the other hand are not. We are crying out for a proper experienced leader in the squad which Ferdinand very much is. He could teach our lot plenty over a season or 2 in and around the squad like Davids did. We need winners and players who don't give up when the going gets tough.
He can't lead from the fuckin physio room though!

Yes he can, as most of our squad will be in there by October :harrylol:

Genuinely don't want anything to do with him. I am all for experience and leadership (I voted for Ashley Cole in) but I don't feel Ferdinand can offer anything better than our current crop, whereas Cole is far better than Rose and Fryers.

I think people forget what this man has achieved in the game, and what level he's reached. Theres more to signing a "past it" player.

Imagine what he could bring to our CBs in training, or just to bring on with 20 minutes left when we get the jitters..

Heard all the same shit from fans when we signed Naybet and Brad and Davids and Parker and Gallas........

Widely believed he was behind a lot of the leaking of anti-Moyes stuff in the press, don't need a snitch in the ranks.

Back
Top Bottom