Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

D-uVNSUWkAAFdmS.jpg

D-uVQPQWkAUA93M.jpg
Mario Kempes my Arse! Look closer...
...it's just Mark Falco in a Marc Bolan wig!!

If anyone is on Instagram some great football photos from this guy including this (there are a few) of a spurs tour to Japan in 71.

I see Mr P did his own clothes shopping back then, red jumper, tut tut, same for Joe Kinnear. Obviously before the days when the club supplied all their clothing, what a mishmash of styles.

If anyone is on Instagram some great football photos from this guy including this (there are a few) of a spurs tour to Japan in 71.

Gilzean looking dapper....unlike the guy in front of him wearing a raincoat. Just imagine his wife before he left..."I realise it's Japan but take it with you, never know"

There’s a lot to be said for a team arriving in club suits/tracksuits all the the same that bunch look like tourists on jolly....

Ah the Queen, used to be a great pub in the 1970s and a few unsuspecting away fans wandering by wished they hadn't. Disco on Friday nights if I remember rightly. Sean will put me right I am sure.
Not from the area I take it a Tottenham fans pub?

Ah the Queen, used to be a great pub in the 1970s and a few unsuspecting away fans wandering by wished they hadn't. Disco on Friday nights if I remember rightly. Sean will put me right I am sure.
I was a bit young,but my brother use to go to the disco on occassion. Then onto Coolbury Club(when it was still cool, it had a half decent rep on the Jazz funk scene..So i was told anyway). Apparently the players used the BQ as their choice of post match drinking hole in the early 70s. Read it in Hunter Davies book,and heard it from several of our old punchers.
Hard to believe now.

Last edited:
I was a bit young,but my brother use to go to the disco on occassion. Then onto Coolbury Club(when it was still cool, it had a half decent rep on the Jazz funk scene..So i was told anyway). Apparently the players used the BQ as their choice of post match drinking hole in the early 70s. Read it in Hunter Davies book,and heard it from several of our old punchers.
Hard to believe now.
Yes mid 70s it was a real Spurs hooligan pub. The Coolbury used to attract a few firm too in the day.

Back
Top Bottom