Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good read made more so as his fav photo is of Spurs John Hallowbread
John-Hollowbread-jumping--012.jpg

I am in full pedant mode tonight.....Hollowbread

I don't think so, but can't enlarge the picture much more to have a closer look. Couldn't see Stevie either, and although I know him well, I can't recognise him from the back of his head or his leg :)
I'm the same, the picture wouldn't enlarge enough. I just remember Eddie being a tad shorter and more rotund. I will bow to forum Royalty though. I recognise a few players and will have a proper look when i'm not so weary, been a long day. Incidentally i have some pictures of the Malta SC i will share too when i work out how to.

I'm the same, the picture wouldn't enlarge enough. I just remember Eddie being a tad shorter and more rotund. I will bow to forum Royalty though. I recognise a few players and will have a proper look when i'm not so weary, been a long day. Incidentally i have some pictures of the Malta SC i will share too when i work out how to.
I'm thinking it's Eddie by the hairline.
Please do share the photos, as when I was there in September, it was closed due to a refurbishment, and the last few times I've been out there, we've only had evening games, which finish too late for me to get home. I might go and watch the Dortmund away game, and treat myself to a taxi.

All before my time in starting supporting Tottenham so I’ll take your word for it! Legends?
We weren't that good in those days although Ray Evans used to deputise for Joe Kinnear very well. I met Keith Osgoods cousin recently and he was delighted that anyone remembered him. I spoilt the evening somwehat by drinking 12 pints and going on for hours about Spurs and how chelsea are a nothing club.

We weren't that good in those days although Ray Evans used to deputise for Joe Kinnear very well. I met Keith Osgoods cousin recently and he was delighted that anyone remembered him. I spoilt the evening somwehat by drinking 12 pints and going on for hours about Spurs and how chelsea are a nothing club.
12 Pints well invested. I have no doubt you didn't keep everyone involved, up to date in how modern, forward thinking football clubs should be run.
#Thefishthelegend
:harrylol:

Not really. Ray Evans was an OK full back, Roger Morgan was injury prone and the other two were nothing special.
Keith Osgood wasn't a bad penalty taker, and a fair old header of the ball.
I am biased though,as he will always have a special place in my heart as he scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Stoke in my first trip to the Lane in 1976, funnily enough a penalty and a header.

You have an amazing team and manager that become the first team in the "modern era" to do the double and you sign the best striker in the world who bangs the goals in non stop for 10 years to become your "Current" all time leading goalscorer and the 60's were undoubtedly a marvellous time to be a yid but especially with the lack of another league title did we kind of underachieve? Goes to show how hard winning trophies really is!

Chris Mcgrath was more than nothing special, scored a few important goals when he played, we sold him before he had time to show his worth
To be honest, at that time I just about knew some players' names, I certainly didn't appreciate anything apart from goals or saves :). Fell in love with Mr P straight away though!

One of our most underated players, didn't get the credit he deserved, played over 400 games for Spurs and would of played for England if west ham's golden bollox hadn't stood in his way. Second photo was from his costly ( to him ) testimonial alongside Muller and Beckenbauer

s-l300.jpg
sport-shutterstock-editorial-3126015a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom