Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dv-RWXZV4AE4POL.jpg
Surprisingly sensible haircuts all round (with one obvious exception) also backs up my theory that Pat VDH wanted to fight absolutely everyone, the cameraman looks bang in trouble here!

Crooks scored at the Paxton Road end.
You can tell it's 81/82 by the Le Coq Sportif numbers on our shirts.
We only wore them numbers once in 80/81 season and that was the first match in the final against city.
For the replay we changed back to the more traditional numbers.
For 81/82 we had what I would call the continental style numbers.

Crooks scored at the Paxton Road end.
You can tell it's 81/82 by the Le Coq Sportif numbers on our shirts.
We only wore them numbers once in 80/81 season and that was the first match in the final against city.
For the replay we changed back to the more traditional numbers.
For 81/82 we had what I would call the continental style numbers.
Told you i was pissed

Surprisingly sensible haircuts all round (with one obvious exception) also backs up my theory that Pat VDH wanted to fight absolutely everyone, the cameraman looks bang in trouble here!
I remember being at the game vs Luton in 1990 IIRC.
We were 1-0 down when Nayim got sent off for dissent, then I think we equalised.
Luton's attacker was flying down the wing when Pat VDH came flying across with a 2 footed waist high tackle.
In fact it was higher than waist high (probably chest high) as the attacker saw Pat coming and jumped but still Pat took him out at the waist with 2 feet.
He didn't even look at the ref or the player, just turned and walked off the pitch.
The best/worst tackle I ever saw him do.

Oh and we won 2-1

I remember being at the game vs Luton in 1990 IIRC.
We were 1-0 down when Nayim got sent off for dissent, then I think we equalised.
Luton's attacker was flying down the wing when Pat VDH came flying across with a 2 footed waist high tackle.
In fact it was higher than waist high (probably chest high) as the attacker saw Pat coming and jumped but still Pat took him out at the waist with 2 feet.
He didn't even look at the ref or the player, just turned and walked off the pitch.
The best/worst tackle I ever saw him do.

Oh and we won 2-1
I was there! Right in front of us that was. As I seem to remember, a guy called Ceri Hughes (get a proper name) took Linekar out with a really nasty tackle, VDH stood on the sidelines glaring at him and ripped the neck of his own shirt (when they had the silly little buttons on) came on, did exactly what you said and was back off again 2 mins later!! I remember that tackle so vividly and you're right, it was bordering on chest high! Loved it!!

I was there! Right in front of us that was. As I seem to remember, a guy called Ceri Hughes (get a proper name) took Linekar out with a really nasty tackle, VDH stood on the sidelines glaring at him and ripped the neck of his own shirt (when they had the silly little buttons on) came on, did exactly what you said and was back off again 2 mins later!! I remember that tackle so vividly and you're right, it was bordering on chest high! Loved it!!
I think I was in E36 when it happened, right in front of us.
Am I right ?
I'm old and my memory is failing.

I think I was in E36 when it happened, right in front of us.
Am I right ?
I'm old and my memory is failing.
West stand lower, not far from the benches, remember he didn't have far to walk for the dressing room!! But also like you say it's been many years and I can't remember what happened yesterday! Although proud of remembering Ceri Hughes, also the fact that I think Iain Dowie scored for them, pretty sure Gazza was also sent off for dissent......?

West stand lower, not far from the benches, remember he didn't have far to walk for the dressing room!! But also like you say it's been many years and I can't remember what happened yesterday! Although proud of remembering Ceri Hughes, also the fact that I think Iain Dowie scored for them, pretty sure Gazza was also sent off for dissent......?
Nah, it was Nayim sent off for dissent.
When I saw the first post for VDH, for some reason I thought it was the game against Forest where Gazza scored 2 free kicks, 1 of which he took whilst Shilton was still lining up the wall. The ref allowed it.
I had to do a Danny !, as I obviously got it wrong.

This shows the goals along with a mention of Nayim and VDH sending off, unfortunatley no video of the tackle assault.

Back
Top Bottom