Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gilzean looking dapper....unlike the guy in front of him wearing a raincoat. Just imagine his wife before he left..."I realise it's Japan but take it with you, never know"
that's Eddie Bailey, another legend of the '51 side and Bill Nick's right hand man. Another that wasn't treated particularly well by the Board of the day.

I was a bit young,but my brother use to go to the disco on occassion. Then onto Coolbury Club(when it was still cool, it had a half decent rep on the Jazz funk scene..So i was told anyway). Apparently the players used the BQ as their choice of post match drinking hole in the early 70s. Read it in Hunter Davies book,and heard it from several of our old punchers.
Hard to believe now.
Ah, the Coolbury Club, only went the once, probably when it wasn't cool, as it wasn't very good.

Yes mid 70s it was a real Spurs hooligan pub. The Coolbury used to attract a few firm too in the day.
Used the BQ a lot when I was a season ticket holder, late 80s, mid to late 90s.
Fuck me, I've seen some shit in my time. The BQ was an acquired taste.
Intimidation City, God help any away fans that stumbled upon it. They were "Let in", didn't always get out though.
Those were the days.
:harrylol:

There is a certain newspaper headline photo that my Wrexham (my home town) mates send to me every year on Sept 22nd. I travelled to that match in 1976 on the Wrexham team coach and watched the game unfold in total disbelief. I sat on the bus home absolutely stunned as everyone jumped up and down spraying beer all over me. Worst night of my life........

Thanks for that, I actually had that in my scrapbook, as I used to keep every article where he was mentioned. I preferred him with his skinhead haircut though :)
I remember inheriting a load of papers given away pre season by the evening news or standard(can't remember which) one for all the London clubs(and Watford) They were from 69 or 70 and had a great Stevie pic,him with a number 3 or 4 crop.Wish i could find it now as i would use it for a flyer for my mates doos

There is a certain newspaper headline photo that my Wrexham (my home town) mates send to me every year on Sept 22nd. I travelled to that match in 1976 on the Wrexham team coach and watched the game unfold in total disbelief. I sat on the bus home absolutely stunned as everyone jumped up and down spraying beer all over me. Worst night of my life........
I was at said game. Wonder how many other English League teams down the years have gone out to Welsh sides in both cups, in the same season.

29608-D52-A934-45-C0-A48-F-87-F54-EAE0226.jpg

62 v Benfica.

21-C7-FFE1-DAE3-47-B1-B34-A-5-F7-FD22-D48-A8.jpg

90-E0291-C-C69-B-4-F6-E-A674-FFB7-BCE24-E06.jpg

93-F03-D29-C669-4-F81-8416-540840-E7-B911.jpg

Last day of season 1995 dad got us in the box with Holsten Pils being one of the beers he sold in the club, amazing fun seeing this side up close at 14 after a roller coaster season

We said goodbye to a great that day, Andy Turner

Back
Top Bottom