Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

unQCMgC.jpg
Mike Dillon second from right.

Yup - tis Corrigan.
That season we had a midweek game at home to Coventry. That was the only time I've ever left a game before the final whistle. We were winning 3-2 with a couple of minutes to go, but fart arsing around wasting time. Coventry broke away to equalize. I was so peed off that I walked out of the ground. As I was going up Park Lane, I heard the crowd roar - Falco had scored the winner. I had learnt my lesson.

We were at Orient for a pre-season game in August '79. Before the game, Meathook goes by in his car. It stops at a set of lights and my mate runs over and gives him a pound note, for his testimonial fund.
Did you go to the Southend preseason that year Pete27 Pete27 ? Or possibly a year before or after ?

That was the only game I have ever been to where I didn't actually go to the match because the trouble was so bad - it was mental in the town centre. My mum and dad said that we couldn't go.

Did you go to the Southend preseason that year Pete27 Pete27 ? Or possibly a year before or after ?

That was the only game I have ever been to where I didn't actually go to the match because the trouble was so bad - it was mental in the town centre. My mum and dad said that we couldn't go.
Southend was the year after, did go to that - although I don't recollect any trouble. Didn't go to the town centre though.
Portsmouth was a right one! Which I've referred to elsewhere.

And to think we made a fairly decent start to that season.
P 5
W2
D1
L2
Won at Old Trafford, beat Leeds at home and won at Boro in the League Cup.
When Mooresy (RIP) signed and scored in his first two games, I though he was going to be our saviour.

Not to mention beating Liverpool and Ipswich at home.
Away form was crap though - and losing at home to the likes of Bristol City and Coventry didn't help.
Everton at home - winning 3-1 and conceding two late goals.
Late defeats at Leicester and Sunderland I also remember

I reckon that might be on the way to Bournemouth - Bank Holiday Monday 1980.
Talking of Bournemouth, did anyone go to a pre-season friendly back the early 70's can't remember exactly, but there was loads of trouble after the game. We had running battles back to the station, but there was a cricket match on in a local park which got stopped as the cricketers run for safety. The numbers which Hung on the score board were being thrown like frisbees at the Bournemouth fans. That's the day where I met all my mates from South London, been mates ever since.

We did go 2 up Perryman and Osgood (pen)
But you are correct it was 2-2 at half time.
I was 10 and waiting for the results on the grandstand teleprinter
Derby 8..(EIGHT) Spurs 2
Soul destroying
we went to that one, went up in mates car, got there after the kick off, it was awful, as was quite a lot of the mid 70's matches, we started going regular in 71 so had a few good seasons before the rubbish ones

Talking of Bournemouth, did anyone go to a pre-season friendly back the early 70's can't remember exactly, but there was loads of trouble after the game. We had running battles back to the station, but there was a cricket match on in a local park which got stopped as the cricketers run for safety. The numbers which Hung on the score board were being thrown like frisbees at the Bournemouth fans. That's the day where I met all my mates from South London, been mates ever since.

1972 Went down for the weekend with 3 of my Park Lane Buddies.

Went to a crappy disco and requested Schools out by Alice Cooper for all Spurs supporters DJ nearly crapped himself .kept repeating over and over again " No supporters.No supporters" thought he was having a stroke he was so pale!

Did someone mention Alice Cooper ?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Went to that Bournemouth game. There's a pic somewhere (maybe in TBWAH) of the away end with a huge Star of David flag.

Christ, don't tell George Galloway... he'll have a fucking field day!!
1972 Went down for the weekend...
Went to a crappy disco and requested Schools out by Alice Cooper for all Spurs supporters DJ nearly crapped himself .kept repeating over and over again " No supporters.No supporters" thought he was having a stroke he was so pale!
BTW... why the Alice Cooper link?
Was he a Yid or summit, or was it just what everyone requested in 1972??

Back
Top Bottom