Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Derby away in 87-88 season. I remember this christmas game fondly as it had been a shocking season and derby gave us a absolute pounding but Paul Moran changed the game and set up Clive for the winner. I spent the rest of the season telling all my mates that Moran was going to be the next big thing. Clives finish is absolute class naturally.

I came straight from work (shopfitter) to St Pancras to get the train. Still had my knife on me. Had to leave with BR staff and pick it up when I got back.

I was a 8 the year we were relegated to Division Two. I don't really remember much detail other than battling with Bolton, Southampton and Brighton for promotion, and being struck by how lucky we were to have MotD cameras at WHL for our 9-0 drubbing of Bristol Rovers.

Maybe I'm wrong, but showing Division Two games was very unusual at the time.
I remember that season we were on the box at Blackpool, Mansfield, Bristol Rovers, Oldham, Orient, Fulham.
Home against Fulham, Palace, Brighton, Bristol Rovers.

I read a long time ago that he was happy to stay but that the club thought that Daines was a great prospect, even better potentially than Jennings. But yes, selling him to the Gooner scum was just ridiculous.
Always thought that Daines could have been better if he had lost some weight.

8f78a7dc16b63bd5141c70fa405c8f99.jpg

RIP Goran The Yid.
Must be when he scored at Bolton in the League Cup. Great night that, with a brilliant turnout from us.

I remember a game a Highbury,possible 90/91?! And it wasn't all ticket,an NLD that wasnt all ticket.Got locked out.Too long in the pub and playing silly buggers.I think the numbers that got locked out was a bigger crowd than Wimbledon were getting at that time.Got locked out at Loftus Road round about that time as well,similar reasons .
That was 89/90 - I got locked out too.
90/91 I was in the Clock End with the scum. It finished 0-0 but no way was I keeping quiet if we had scored.

I can recall the houses in Paxton Road too...they used to have 'LEB OFF' painted on them. I used to think it was a swear word!. That would have been early 1970's i think.
There used to be a carpet shop next to the house that was on the corner of Park Lane.
Re; that house - when my mates and I were at reserve games in the early 70's, we would throw things into the back garden down below. This lady would keep shouting at us to stop. Feel really bad about it now. ☹

well in 1977 i was on £25 per week ( with luncheon vouchers), i think the players were living relatively normal lives though yes and were more in touch with the fans. Cyril Knowles and Terry Naylor egging the fans on to wreck northern towns for instance. Apart from a very few exceptions i don't feel any connection with the modern era Spurs players.
We were at Orient for a pre-season game in August '79. Before the game, Meathook goes by in his car. It stops at a set of lights and my mate runs over and gives him a pound note, for his testimonial fund.

How I wanted that yellow away kit we got beat 8-2 in it after been 2-0 up against derby my hero at the time Keith Osgood scored another penalty did he ever miss one?Got beat 5-0 away at city in in that kit but to me it's the best kit we ever wore.
Don't think we went 2-0 up in that one.
WBA we were 2-0 up at half time and lost 4-2.

I was there in the benches with my best Chelsea supporting mate and his dad.
One half of me was bricking it the other wanting spurs to smash it down.November 1978 won 3-1 Colin Lee and Hoddle.
Losing 1-0 at half time too - Langley for them. That picture of the fence was on the back of the Sunday papers the next day.

This was about a season before my time but City were an irksome club then like they are now. I do remember a bottle being thrown at city players at WHL once and Mike England picking up shards of glass but i digress. Good picture Joe, never seen it before.
I was in the Park Lane as a kid with my Dad in '71, when fans started throwing darts at the Newcastle 'keeper Willie Mcfaul. This led to the section behind the goal being closed off.

Back
Top Bottom