Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember him taking them crosses down with one hand. Totally unique.
I just looked on youtube but couldn't find anything.
Do you know the story behind that?

IIRC it was Paul Trevillion the artist (famous for his work vamping Leeds Uniteds image) who encouraged him to catch the ball one handed - because he could.

I think in the end end he was persuaded that just because he could, it didn't mean that he should.

Ironically, the first time I saw him do it was when he played for the goons in an NLD. My heart sank even lower, seeing him do it against us.

Who remembers the save against Ipswich(Eric Gates,i think)the year we went down? When he was going one way, but corrected himself and still saved it one handed(didn't catch it though).I was at the game,and its on film IIRC.

Do you know the story behind that?

IIRC it was Paul Trevillion the artist (famous for his work vamping Leeds Uniteds image) who encouraged him to catch the ball one handed - because he could.

I think in the end end he was persuaded that just because he could, it didn't mean that he should.

Ironically, the first time I saw him do it was when he played for the goons in an NLD. My heart sank even lower, seeing him do it against us.
Well, I remember seeing him do it with corner kicks and he would do it with such nonchalance.
He used his feet a lot to make saves as well and I just think he was nonpareil.

BEST DRESSED NLD EVER!

(Apart from one in 1981... which was pure Le Coq-ing CLASS!)
...but still, this is what Football kits should be like
NIKE... ARE YOU LIST-EN-INNNNNG???

BEST DRESSED NLD EVER!

(Apart from one in 1981... which was pure Le Coq-ing CLASS!)
...but still, this is what Football kits should be like
NIKE... ARE YOU LIST-EN-INNNNNG???

Just to add further observations...
  • No nonsense white football.
  • Black football boots, oozing in dubbin I must imagine. No rainbow colours here!
  • Also, the East stand roof - did they patch up lots of leaks or something? It's like a precusor to the missing pixels on the jumbotron!!

Just to add further observations...
  • No nonsense white football.
  • Black football...

R-3225816-1383528772-8276.jpeg.jpg

At least you're not being racist!

No rainbow colours here!
...aaaah, hang on!

This is what WHL looked like at my first live game (1969). I know progress has to happen and I can't wait for the new stadium to open, but I will miss the old place. Having said that, no-one can take the memories away, they will live on forever, and we will hopefully make great new ones in WHL2.

It's funny how in the 60's the entire stand would have had flat caps and that just died in no time, to be replaced by skin fashion
It happened in society in general.
I remember walking through Liverpool st station during the school Holidays in about 81, and loads of blokes were still wearing bowler hats..A couple of years later and they were gone.

Back
Top Bottom