Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's also good for a sore throat and spots... my Uncle told me once! :pochwtf:
:roseunsure::kanehand::deledoubt:
slowly-leaving-room-o.gif

img265.jpg

WHL 1940 v Millwall. Hostilities brought the league programme proper to an early end.As with WW1 it was recognised that football played an important part in boosting morale. Fielding players was a problem and teams would take players from the opposition and even from the crowd to boost numbers.
Dissapointing how many there are not wearing the previously mandatory flat cap. Wartime rationing kicking in I suppose...

img266.jpg

bert Bliss with the over head...
img267.jpg

Spurs v Wolves 1920 FAC.Bert Bliss (what a great name). The shitty pitch is Stn Bridge. We won if your wondering?...and yes , thats a ghost from Xmas past in the back ground

Not remember exactly, but I've seen footage. I heard he used to pull the crossbar down when free kicks were going just over.

I never watched him at the scum.
I do, before I graduated to the shelf I used to stand behind the goal we were kicking at, and change at half time, maybe 11/12. I saw him pull down a few crosses one handed standing behind Paxton. Can't remember him doing it at Park Lane though. Saw him make some amazing saves too.
Unfortunately I never saw him play for long maybe a season worth of games because along with Neil and young he went to Woolwich. (I also think Daines played quite a few games too that season.)
The next year was when I started going away too, and got right into it

img265.jpg

WHL 1940 v Millwall. Hostilities brought the league programme proper to an early end.As with WW1 it was recognised that football played an important part in boosting morale. Fielding players was a problem and teams would take players from the opposition and even from the crowd to boost numbers.
spotting women in this photo is a bit like 'where's Wally?' I can see 3.

spotting women in this photo is a bit like 'where's Wally?' I can see 3.
Presumably most of them were at home. Preparing their hard working menfolk a delicious meal for when they staggered in from the pub (as is only right and proper). After a defeat of course, most sensible women took themselves off to their mother's for the rest of the weekend.

Women and football simply don't mix - as I'm sure you'll agree.

Last edited:
Presumably most of them were at home. Preparing their hard working menfolk a delicious meal for when they staggered in from the pub (as is only right and proper). After a defeat of course, most sensible women took themselves off to their mother's for the rest of the weekend.

Women and football simply don't mix - as I'm sure you'll agree.
:dembelefingers:

:p:rolleyes:;)

Back
Top Bottom