Retro shirt collection

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First spurs shirt I owned, this one. Might have to get it

01_484f4d4538362f38-00002.jpg

I’m glad I bought all of the Umbro kits before they stripped them of the brand. The new Hummel look like the Ebay which means they will be stupidly tight with sillly neck lines.

I’m glad I bought all of the Umbro kits before they stripped them of the brand. The new Hummel look like the Ebay which means they will be stupidly tight with sillly neck lines.
They still have them with the Umbro logo on Kitbag.

Oh, and because I’m a massive retro git geek I already bought these Hummel ones from the club about 3 weeks ago. They’re basically the same sizing as the originals, and the home shirt in the first post is slightly better quality than the eBay shirts. Both the Spurs badge and Umbro are embroidered on that shirt

Love the 1988-91 away shirt. That was always a favourite. Definitely getting one. Hope they do a proper 1989-91 home shirt with the Hummel bits. That remains my GOAT.

First spurs shirt I owned, this one. Might have to get it

01_484f4d4538362f38-00002.jpg
I had that one also and it was my first. Wish I had kept it, they are pretty valuable these days. Rumours that next season's home shirt will be based on this design, wouldn't mind if it was, also put the sponsor's name in blue as opposed to red would be nice.

I had that one also and it was my first. Wish I had kept it, they are pretty valuable these days. Rumours that next season's home shirt will be based on this design, wouldn't mind if it was, also put the sponsor's name in blue as opposed to red would be nice.
No mate, the rumour is that the pattern on the shirt will be based on the shirt we wore after that one, because there's a fake shirt out there that's been shared a few times

Anyone got any info regarding the fit/sizing of the Hummel retro shirts ?
I had the original white one, when I see the prices they are fetching now on Ebay......o_O

Anyone got any info regarding the fit/sizing of the Hummel retro shirts ?
I had the original white one, when I see the prices they are fetching now on Ebay......o_O
They're a bit of a smaller fit than this season's Nike shirts, I'd say. They're pretty much the same as the fit of the original shirts, as I've both the original yellow Hummel away and the remake that the club are selling and I'm sure they fit the same

Last edited:
No worries, thank you for posting.
This season's kits, I am between sizes, an XL fits but is just a bit tight, the XXL is far too baggy on me.

No worries, thank you for posting.
This season's kits, I am between sizes, an XL fits but is just a bit tight, the XXL is far too baggy on me.
I'm basically like that, but between small and medium in this season's Nike shirts, and the medium Hummel shirt is fine

I'd go for the XXL in the Hummel shirts that the club are selling in that case mate, I'd imagine that should be just about right.

I'm basically like that, but between small and medium in this season's Nike shirts, and the medium Hummel shirt is fine

I'd go for the XXL in the Hummel shirts that the club are selling in that case mate, I'd imagine that should be just about right.
No worries, will do, will give it a try anyway. Quite like the blue ones as well as the white one, which was probably my favourite shirt that I have owned.
The fit of this season's kits is a bit annoying- for me anyway - I had the 17/18 shirt in XXL and it was fine, when I laid this season's XXL and the 17/18 shirt on top of one another, this season's was noticeably wider by an inch or two.

I have had every home shirt since 87. And loads of away ones. I have ended up getting rid of each of them one-by-one has the new seasons one went on sale. I bought the 87 one(my all time fave) as a retro. I so wish i had kept them all.

I have had every home shirt since 87. And loads of away ones. I have ended up getting rid of each of them one-by-one has the new seasons one went on sale. I bought the 87 one(my all time fave) as a retro. I so wish i had kept them all.
Those Hummel mid 80s ones go for a bomb on EBay and collectors sites. Ditto the early 80s Le Coq Sportif Ines.
Depending on their condition obviously.

Back
Top Bottom