Released & Retained List

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Heard a little interview with Coulibaly and immediately wanted to adopt him as my younger brother. seems like such a nice kid. Please come good.
I once saw some highlights of Gomes goalkeeping 'errors' over the years and wanted another club to adopt him!

Cameron Lancaster looked quite good in his solitary first team outing. Better than Obika anyhow. Mind you, probably need to keep Obika in case Soldado's current form dips next year......:dude:

Maybe they still think there's some hope yet he may become Prem material? Correct me if I'm wrong, but he hasn't exactly been lighting up the academy's phone with offers for loans as Obika or Shaq have.

He went on loan to Grosseto in 2012/13, but rumours were that was because it was closed to where his family were living, and he had been homesick.

Maybe he'll go out on loan this year and bang in a few goals and everything will change... personally I'd rather him out on loan than in the Under-21s, as I feel he doesn't allow us a 'platform' at that level (the ball just comes back) so the midfield players see less of the ball than they did with, for example, Kane up top. Crucial that they get as much time on the ball as possible.

Can't believe we've kept Obika on. Better be for sell-on value, because he clearly isn't gonna make it.

I always thought Kevin Stewart was a half-decent player. 20 years old - assume he isn't developing how we'd hoped?

Does Obika own a record for longest time at the club with least games or most games on loan or something or something?
Swear he has been at Yeovil for half a decade

Does Obika own a record for longest time at the club with least games or most games on loan or something or something?
Swear he has been at Yeovil for half a decade
Got a mate who's a Brighton fan so it was fun winding him up for the few months Obika spent there. Think he scored once, but is most famously remembered for a penalty that still hasn't landed.

I know cahspur cahspur likes to beat the HG drum, iirc. So given the list above, it seems from this that, pursuant to PL regs, we can register the following players as HG for next season:

Jordan Archer (21)
Tom Carroll (22)
Michael Dawson
Ezekiel Fryers (21 - I think he counts as HG)
Grant Hall (22)
Jake Livermore
Harry Kane (21)
Aaron Lennon
Ryan Mason (23)
Kyle Naughton
Jon Obika (23)
Danny Rose
Gylfi Siggurðsson
Andros Townsend
Kyle Walker

Bentaleb is only 19, so he doesn't cost us a squad place.

15 players, and we only need 8. gibbs131 is probably ecstatic over the knowledge that we can ship seven HG players and buy foreigners… :adelol:

Being English isn't sufficient. I think he established HG status before going to Belgium.

"… one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Welsh Football Association for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21)."

I've always thought it was. I think it used to work that way when I was playing Football Manager around 06-08. I guess it's one of the pitfalls of trusting FM.
Go ahead and trust FM. It's just because English players probably "never" get produced abroad that one can assume that an English player is HG. Fryers I was not positive about, but WindyCOYS WindyCOYS has cleared that up.

Go ahead and trust FM. It's just because English players probably "never" get produced abroad that one can assume that an English player is HG. Fryers I was not positive about, but WindyCOYS WindyCOYS has cleared that up.

Seems likely.

"with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Welsh Football Association"'

How far does this go though? Does it count for a kid playing in a club from the age of 10 to 13? Or is it only clubs associated with the league system?

Yeah, tis true, I do bang on that drum a lot. Mostly because I think it's practical under consideration of transfer speculation to ensure the math is right, because after last summer of course we aren't as far away from the quota as we typically are, and given I'd like to see at least three first team HG's leave this summer.

There is another one though, Ryan Fredericks will also be 21 as of the start of the new campaign.

Back
Top Bottom