Relating to players

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Furball man

Supporter
🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄
I was having a ponder this morning & my mind went back to about 18 months ago . At that time , I think many of us found no connection with any player on the pitch, bar Hugo. The turnaround has been incredible , the charachters in this current batch makes me very proud.

Poch & his team seem to have really chosen new lads who ooze pride & self belief & they have rejuvenate the older guard to get on board to his philosophy.

Watching the games of late & last night was a prime example of the real togetherness of the team.

Do you think that you connect with this team more than the era of Bale, Modric, VDV etc?

That time I always had an over hanging worry of losing players, for some bizarre reason I don't have that fear with our current players.

Yes. Same feeling as having gone from a total stunner of an ex who you always half expected to give you the elbow, to a nice steady girl who you are pretty certain is set on you.

What could possibly go wrong?

I was having a ponder this morning & my mind went back to about 18 months ago . At that time , I think many of us found no connection with any player on the pitch, bar Hugo. The turnaround has been incredible , the charachters in this current batch makes me very proud.

Poch & his team seem to have really chosen new lads who ooze pride & self belief & they have rejuvenate the older guard to get on board to his philosophy.

Watching the games of late & last night was a prime example of the real togetherness of the team.

Do you think that you connect with this team more than the era of Bale, Modric, VDV etc?

That time I always had an over hanging worry of losing players, for some bizarre reason I don't have that fear with our current players.

It's not so much that I felt a fear of losing those players, but more that I felt like we we're priviliged witnessing a few players representing THFC. Right now, I'm left with a feeling that the players, we're seeing, feel priviliged to represent THFC (and by extention us). Making us, or at least me, feel proud rather than priviliged. That's probably the best compliment, you could give Poch because that attitude isn't created in a vacuum.

Furball man Furball man soppy cunt :)

But yeah it does feel like they are here to play for the glory of both the club and their individual careers, whereas before i often felt like they were playing for their salary and personal glory. But all of that is perception, would we feel the same way if we played with the same grit and togetherness but were in 6th position due to some close games not ending up like they did now ? The joy of winning has crept into the stands and the players, the will to win has finally come back to the club.

Definitely more connection to this team, although i feel a lot of that is down a to the revamp in our marketing strategy. Increased social media presence (Official Twitter account, and youtube channel etc....) gives us much more access and its clear that the club are keen to market that "we're just a normal bunch of lads just like you" factor. Those pics / vids of our trip to Barcelona was a prime example of that.

But cynicism aside, you need to have a product to market in the first place and the youthfulness and comradery is there for all to see and endear to.

Definitely more connection to this team, although i feel a lot of that is down a to the revamp in our marketing strategy. Increased social media presence (Official Twitter account, and youtube channel etc....) gives us much more access and its clear that the club are keen to market that "we're just a normal bunch of lads just like you" factor. Those pics / vids of our trip to Barcelona was a prime example of that.

But cynicism aside, you need to have a product to market in the first place and the youthfulness and comradery is there for all to see and endear to.
Your right if it wasn't for the twitter account i still be under the illusion that they were a bunch of cunts.

It always the football that counts.

Your right if it wasn't for the twitter account i still be under the illusion that they were a bunch of cunts.

It always the football that counts.

I think you need to have both in the modern game. The club wants to sell shirts / merchandise, so they need to project an image to go with it. Obviously its all redundant if the football is a pile of steaming turd though.

I love all of the players, I love Poch, heck, I even love Levy for not appearing to butt in with the running of the team. It is a good time to be a Spurs supporter, although some of us are still dreading / expecting the wheels to come off in the next week or two. No matter if they do, it has been a privilege to be part of this season.

Back
Top Bottom