Regroup here yids

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

drwinston001 said:
My fear is the impact this result will have on the next few games. The look in some of the players eyes and their body language at the end worries me. Had we lost 2-0 or 2-1 I actually think they would be able to shrug it off easier than losing in the last minute in that manner. I'm hoping we'll play a strong team against Watford to help them get it out of their system.

I think it will be the opposite. Showed they can go toe-to-toe with the potential champions. Came within inches of beating them. They should take the positives from the game.

Don't think you can go too much on the body language after the manner of the defeat. If you went off my body language immediately after, you'd think I was about to calmly go and hang myself.

I'm over the disappointment now, looking forward to Friday.

hope you're right, I just wonder whether they're the sort of players who will know that for themselves or if they need someone to point it out to them. With Redknapp likely to be "busy" for the foreseeable let's hope someone steps up and makes sure they know even in defeat they showed an echo of glory. ;)

Let's hope we respond like we did when city thumped us earlier on in the season.

This Spurs squad is made of sterner stuff than years gone by where a defeat like that would have made us crumble.

We have a squad full of winners like Rafa, Gallas and Ade and young self-confident kids like Bale and Walker. This squad isn't used to losing and won't want it to happen again in a hurry. We should welcome them back on Tuesday like they've just won the cup and make sure Wigan get crushed.

kangarisntpro said:
It still hurts a little but I have nothing but pride for our boys. We showed that we genuinely are title contenders and if we got the draw, then maybe it would of still been on.

Yesterday was the worst I've felt in relation to football since we lost to UTD in CC final on pens.

It wasn't meant to be. Nothing we could of done. However a few points:

1. We have lodged a complaint to the FA over Balotelli. I can't see anything happening as Webb didn't record it as an incident and was not willing to take any action.
2. It was a stamp. Yes he was off balance, but the way his pulled his leg back seemed overly aggressive. Maybe he was intending to kick in the stomach or something and not necessarily hurt Parker to the extent he did is debateable, but we will never know the true reason. If there is an inquiry, Balotelli will say he was off balance and trying to stay on his feet, can't prove anything.. move on.
3. Why was Walker marking Lescott? Surely there's a significant height difference there?

Also you sense that King knew Balotelli was clean through and he had to bring him down otherwise he was going to score either way. At least the penalty gave us a lifeline.

We fought hard in the second half and I'm truely proud.

Bring it on..

3rd is ours

#mindthegap

Maybe wrong, but I thought this was just the situation the fa/pl CAN take retrospective action. When the ref sees and deals with the incident at the time is when their hands are tied.

Depends on webbs match report but I bet it'll say he did not see it, even of only to save face, as its so blatantly a stamp in hind sight

Paydro said:
VDV drops deep and Bale comes inside or Lennon or Modric pushes up and VDV fills in

it's all part and parcel, if Modric is getting marked to tight he'll drift up and VDV will fall back

our attacking players ability to interchange with each other on the pitch and pull markers all over the place has taken our attacking play to another level

next time VDV drops deep check out what are other players are doing

Thanks to Dr.Filth for the feed back also. Paydro, I see your point and that makes sense and agree it seems to have created another type of attack but doesnt seem like it makes the most of VDV's talents and seems like everyone ends up in the middle of the pitch on attacks and has killed our width. Seems like VDV needs to be in the top 3rd of the pitch cause he struggles with pace to catch up on charges towards the goal but seems more like a natural finisher. It cant all be perfect i just hate seeing him practically playing defense everygame when we need his finesse up top.

mate Ekotto and Walker offer us width when the wingers switch to cut inside or Bale just drifts into the middle, it's all tactical when teams try to sit back and defend in numbers we really do throw everything but the kitchen sink at them that's why we're 3rd in the league and flying this season with very few blips, we should have no complaints about the football as it's been the best most of us have seen from Tottenham since the 80s atleast

as far as VDV playing defense I really don't know what games you're watching, he's just going through alittle dry patch infront of goal but trust me he'll start banging them in again soon he's came close a couple of times lately and his game always involved him floating about dropping deep to get on the ball and help with possesion, his passing is among the best in the league especially long cross field balls and defense splitting passes

the only thing I will say negative about VDV is his fucking set-pieces do my nut in other than that he's fucking mustard

Paydro said:
mate Ekotto and Walker offer us width when the wingers switch to cut inside or Bale just drifts into the middle, it's all tactical when teams try to sit back and defend in numbers we really do throw everything but the kitchen sink at them that's why we're 3rd in the league and flying this season with very few blips, we should have no complaints about the football as it's been the best most of us have seen from Tottenham since the 80s atleast

as far as VDV playing defense I really don't know what games you're watching, he's just going through alittle dry patch infront of goal but trust me he'll start banging them in again soon he's came close a couple of times lately and his game always involved him floating about dropping deep to get on the ball and help with possesion, his passing is among the best in the league especially long cross field balls and defense splitting passes

the only thing I will say negative about VDV is his fucking set-pieces do my nut in other than that he's fucking mustard

All very true. Didnt mean defense so much as him dropping deep. Wish Walkers crosses were a bit better but he's young and love his attitude. Also would like to see Benny charge up a bit more now and then. Not complaining overall and loving the ride this year. Just felt like we could use some of VDV's finesse in the box with Ade. There have been glimmers of it. If Ade can start hitting the net along with VDV we might just get Flav's 5-0 after all. Thanks for the banter. COYS

Back
Top Bottom