Regroup here yids

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have to agree with everything posted above.

I know that we've analysed the match to death but I was extremely impressed with Livermore coming on in such a high profile match & just getting on with it. Didn't do anything too Hollywood, did the simple stuff well - pressed high up the pitch, triangular passing & decoy runs.

Great team spirit & I think that, somehow, we may kick on & do better than we imagine. Conversely, City are going to get ripped apart in the press for this - the advantage of being the underdog & fighting fair (& with flair) is that everyone is on your side. City now are Madrid of last week - cynical at best, cheats at worst & not all that effective for all their underhanded tactics.

COYS!

Let's face it, at 2-0 down, if someone had offered you a chance at winning it in injury time only to lose 3-2 on a last minute penalty you would have told them to fuck off...

Edit: I'll get my coat...

we equalized the game and nearly left with point. in my book, not a bad day.
the thing that will nag me the longest is balotelli stomping Parker's head.... absolute dirty play.

sent from my xoom using tapatalk :-]

Thank God other results went our way or the defeat would have been even worse, we play like that and we can be very optimistic when we play away at Chelsea, arse and the scouse. Utd will not be looking forward to coming to our place either.

Agree fully so proud of the whole teams effort to come back to 2-2. Although I am sad to see some people giving the King a bit of abuse. Yeah it was a stupid challenge to make but think of all the other teams that big loveable guy has been there to save us.

COYS

That's the first time I've ever seen him make a mistake. The more I think about it the more I think it was probably a calculated decision. He knew he probably wouldn't get the ball but it was the last minute anyway and Balotelli was one on one regardless.

HyNdZee said:
That's the first time I've ever seen him make a mistake.
He was solid up until then, with not doubt about it. On the replay (which I only saw once), it looked like he was a half-step behind his tackle. He was very close to getting all ball. If only it were Robben…

One of the strangest reactions to a game I've ever had.

I'm proud at the way we played the game and the way we came back from 2-0 down was a little reminder to why I support this team and love the shirt!! Then when we that chance at the end...that was the chance that I had thought about all week! Everyday I've been thinking "if we can keep it level and then get a late break, we might just nick it." And we did just that (I even envisioned Bale getting down the line and putting it in the middle for a tap in!) except we couldnt get over the finish line.

I also feel raw anger because some cunt who shouldnt have been on the pitch won and scored a 95th minute penalty. I hope the team are coping better than I am right now.

One last thing, my mum tried to cheer me up (bless her) by saying to me "at least Woolwich lost aswell" To be honest, they mean absolutely fuck all to me and they're not worth the steam from my piss, we have more important things to worry about than them jumped up Woolwich vermin! Sorry if this message is a bit of a downer!

The next league game is now massive!!

VanDerBale said:
Bittersweet but very proud of Spurs today. But have a question maybe someone can help. When was the last time VDV was anywhere near the penalty box and didn't shoot from 30 yards out. When Crouch (cringe when I say that) was with us it seemed like he was planted in there. Now it's like we play 4-5-1. With our great midfield why can't he stay more upfront. I'm just wondering when all that changed. Hope lads keep their chins up for the run of games we got coming.
I think this was on purpose today. For him to create a midfield triangle with Modric and Parker. When Livermore came on I think Harry just told Modric and Parker to push up to fill in for VDV and earlier Modric. That's what I think I saw anyway. Who knows I had a 30 minute heart attack at about that time.

VDV drops deep and Bale comes inside or Lennon or Modric pushes up and VDV fills in

it's all part and parcel, if Modric is getting marked to tight he'll drift up and VDV will fall back

our attacking players ability to interchange with each other on the pitch and pull markers all over the place has taken our attacking play to another level

next time VDV drops deep check out what are other players are doing

HyNdZee said:
That's the first time I've ever seen him make a mistake. The more I think about it the more I think it was probably a calculated decision. He knew he probably wouldn't get the ball but it was the last minute anyway and Balotelli was one on one regardless.

The last time we lost a game Ledley played in was against Wigan at the Lane in 2010, I think August or September. I seem to remember thinking that day that Ledley made a slight error of judgement in running too far forward to be able to get back to defend against the break that led to Wigan's goal. Can't remember if that's quite accurate though to be fair.

There are other odd examples where Ledley has made small mistakes, of course, but compare trying to recall them with recalling the mistakes of our other defenders, and it's clear how little Ledders messes up. I could count more Kaboul mistakes or Benny mistakes in a single game than Ledders will make in ten games. Not to hate on Kaboul or BAE, but anyone moaning too much about Ledley King's error today needs to wind their neck in.

Drunk Dizz said:
Wigan are in line for some serious annihilation
Why do people assume that we will piss all over Wigan? While the lads responded bravely against City, they have yet to show that they can sustain a ruthless streak week after week against all levels of opposition (Wolves anyone?). Enough of all the twitter bullshit and chest-thumping, show us you mean business on the pitch.

S.L.R said:
HyNdZee said:

The last time we lost a game Ledley played in was against Wigan at the Lane in 2010, I think August or September. I seem to remember thinking that day that Ledley made a slight error of judgement in running too far forward to be able to get back to defend against the break that led to Wigan's goal. Can't remember if that's quite accurate though to be fair.

There are other odd examples where Ledley has made small mistakes, of course, but compare trying to recall them with recalling the mistakes of our other defenders, and it's clear how little Ledders messes up. I could count more Kaboul mistakes or Benny mistakes in a single game than Ledders will make in ten games. Not to hate on Kaboul or BAE, but anyone moaning too much about Ledley King's error today needs to wind their neck in.

I think two mistakes in just over 16 months can be forgiven... the thing that stings is that both mistakes have cost us 6 points, whereas you look at Savic yesterday, making as many mistakes in 45 minutes as Ledley has his whole career, and he STILL ends up on the winning side.

Saying yesterday was unfair doesn't even touch on how I feel... and besdies, 'unfair' sounds like something a spoilt child would say whilst stamping his foot on Parker's head... I mean, the ground!
Stoke was unfair simply due to the fact we scored a legitimate goal that was ruled OUT, and they scored an illegal goal that stood... that fucking hurt... yesterday was more down to speculation and 'what if's'... 'cos it';s not as if it WASN'T a penalty, it most definitely was... and Defoe not scoring was purely our own doing, nothing to do with the ref... but we still deserved a fucking POINT based on the comeback! ...but deserve and reward don't go hand in hand... cheating and stamping and elbowing is what wins you games these days... it's like Man City have the riches of the Arabs, and the tactics of Wimbledon of old... a disgustingly heady cocktail THAT is!

Having managed to avoid MOTD2 last night, I decided to watch the highlights this morning, and wish I fucking hadn't... it's even worse when coupled with Lee cunt Dixon speculating it may have been an accidental stamp... bullshit you thin-faced gooner cuntprick... if you want to wipe Wenger's spunk out of your eye for 2 seconds and actually LOOK at the incident then maybe, just maybe we could have some fucking true opinion.

BTW, any chance the FA ruling out the goal if they suspend Balotelli... nah, thought not!

It still hurts a little but I have nothing but pride for our boys. We showed that we genuinely are title contenders and if we got the draw, then maybe it would of still been on.

Yesterday was the worst I've felt in relation to football since we lost to UTD in CC final on pens.

It wasn't meant to be. Nothing we could of done. However a few points:

1. We have lodged a complaint to the FA over Balotelli. I can't see anything happening as Webb didn't record it as an incident and was not willing to take any action.
2. It was a stamp. Yes he was off balance, but the way his pulled his leg back seemed overly aggressive. Maybe he was intending to kick in the stomach or something and not necessarily hurt Parker to the extent he did is debateable, but we will never know the true reason. If there is an inquiry, Balotelli will say he was off balance and trying to stay on his feet, can't prove anything.. move on.
3. Why was Walker marking Lescott? Surely there's a significant height difference there?

Also you sense that King knew Balotelli was clean through and he had to bring him down otherwise he was going to score either way. At least the penalty gave us a lifeline.

We fought hard in the second half and I'm truely proud.

Bring it on..

3rd is ours

#mindthegap

kangarisntpro said:
It still hurts a little but I have nothing but pride for our boys. We showed that we genuinely are title contenders and if we got the draw, then maybe it would of still been on.

Yesterday was the worst I've felt in relation to football since we lost to UTD in CC final on pens.

It wasn't meant to be. Nothing we could of done. However a few points:

1. We have lodged a complaint to the FA over Balotelli. I can't see anything happening as Webb didn't record it as an incident and was not willing to take any action.
2. It was a stamp. Yes he was off balance, but the way his pulled his leg back seemed overly aggressive. Maybe he was intending to kick in the stomach or something and not necessarily hurt Parker to the extent he did is debateable, but we will never know the true reason. If there is an inquiry, Balotelli will say he was off balance and trying to stay on his feet, can't prove anything.. move on.

That's alright then!! Ironically, I don't think he has a leg to stand on (PUN VERY MUCH INTENDED)
There was nothing 'accidental' or off balance about that stamp... physics dictate that anyway, if you're falling and off balance, gravity (and instinct) takes you forward surely? Though I doubt Balotelli knows what the fuck Physics is, 'cos Einstein never released a Gangsta rap song about it in the 00's!

"I'm sorry your honour, I didn't mean to rape her, but I fell awkwardly, was off balance, and my prick just landed in her snatch..." still, if you think about it m'Lud, I ended up scoring, so who gizzafuck? Reeeeeeeesult-a-bunga!"

CASE DISMISSED!!

I feel the same and the players should actually be fairly pleased with the performance they put in away from home, against the title favourites and likely winners in what was a pressure top of the table clash. Had it not been for the last minute everyone would still be talking us up.

My fear is the impact this result will have on the next few games. The look in some of the players eyes and their body language at the end worries me. Had we lost 2-0 or 2-1 I actually think they would be able to shrug it off easier than losing in the last minute in that manner. I'm hoping we'll play a strong team against Watford to help them get it out of their system.

Back
Top Bottom