Regroup here yids

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Firstly, That was one incredible game.

Before we all get dispondent, lets put it all into perspective, regardless of the Points we have to proud of what just happened.

Im in a strange state of mind here, despite loosing the whole world has just seen that Tottenham Hotspur are worthy of being in this position, contending the championship. I'm usually gutted at this kind of result, there was so much wrong with it from a refereeing point of view, but I would urge you to shrug it off and look it in the face, it's football and these things happen.

The expression on the players faces told it all, I think this will act as a catalyst to drive us on, they know that we have just gone and stood toe to toe with the most expensively assbled side the world over, in a way it should be city that come away hurting the most.

Those famous word of sir bill ring very true here, this was a glorious failure. And to be fair, whats changed?

Still 3rd and the opportunity to finally lay the man united hoodoo to rest lays ahead, we're still in this race.

Take in on the chin ladies and gents, I'd personally rather be cursing a defeat like this than celebrating a win that gets us up onto 6th place.

Let's crack on, shall we? COYS!!

Shrug it off mate, I feel the pain but this is what the business end is all about. Football will be football.

Ben said:
Im in a strange state of mind here, despite losing the whole world has just seen that Tottenham Hotspur are worthy of being in this position

Exactly what I'm feeling. It reminds me of Inter Milan away last year. Yes, the scoreline didn't go our way but we proved to the world we are Tottenham Hotspur and we're aiming so high that even in failure there is an echo of glory.

I'm so fucking proud of the team spirit shown today. If the league is beyond us this year we've still got an amazing chance at third and the FA Cup. But we'll still be there till the end in the league and we will catch city if their luck runs out.

Thelonious said:
I just want to hug people, makes me love Spurs all the more.

Exactly this, siege mentality time! I want too see all our players with shaved heads for the next game.

I'm fine. Would've been delighted with third at this stage before the start of the season. Thrilled after the first two games.

So I'm in no way despondent now.

We don't care what the other teams say, oh what the hell do we care....

Thats the spirit boys, we go away with a black eye, but the billionaire boys club know damn well they've been in a scrap. They know they've lucked out and if Harry's man management skills are to be believed in then in a lot of ways this should kick us on.

Richer for the experience and all that jazz

HyNdZee said:
Ben said:
Im in a strange state of mind here, despite losing the whole world has just seen that Tottenham Hotspur are worthy of being in this position

Exactly what I'm feeling. It reminds me of Inter Milan away last year. Yes, the scoreline didn't go our way but we proved to the world we are Tottenham Hotspur and we're aiming so high that even in failure there is an echo of glory.

I'm so fucking proud of the team spirit shown today. If the league is beyond us this year we've still got an amazing chance at third and the FA Cup. But we'll still be there till the end in the league and we will catch city if their luck runs out.

Luck DOESN'T run out when you're bankrolling it not to!

Love the shirt. And love all the people in the shirt today.

The way the boys fought back after being down 2-0 was fantastic! We were just a fraction away from a winning third with Defoe's touch, and 30 seconds from holding a draw.

This team has spirit and character, and I think we are about to see them go on a tear.

At 2-2 I was thinking we should really push for it, a defeat wouldn't be a disaster but a win would have been immense. Thought not being able to replace VDV with an attacking player would stunt us but it didn't, we went for it, played some great football at points, and lost to a last minute penalty.

We play like that at the Library and against United then I can see us getting two very big wins in those games.

This is the most gutted and dejected (cunts always prosper) I've felt in awhile from a match. But yea really proud of our fight and grit we had today and hope we go on to spank a few teams out of a anger now.

The thing about all this is that I feel we are one of the best footballing and entertaining sides in the world at the moment and that's why you love football! No one ever says when asked "what do you love best about the game" and say winning, it's about playing the beautiful game the right way. I'll be there if we go into the blue Square and I'll be there if we win the league loving them and our history just the same. SPURS TILL I FUCKING DIE!

1882 said:
HyNdZee said:
Ben said:

Luck DOESN'T run out when you're bankrolling it not to!

Tell that to chelsea mate. Last time I checked we were above them.

Thelonious said:

I feel exactly the same. It was bittersweet. I'm not gonna lie. I blinked a tear out of my eye at the end, but after a few minutes I realized that what I was feeling was enormous pride.

Incidentally my Father watched his first Tottenham game today all on his own and afterwards he texted me that he was sorry, that we showed a lot of class, and that he did not like this Balotelli character. I thought that was pretty perfect.

S.L.R said:
At 2-2 I was thinking we should really push for it, a defeat wouldn't be a disaster but a win would have been immense.Thought not being able to replace VDV with an attacking player would stunt us but it didn't, we went for it, played some great football at points, and lost to a last minute penalty.

We play like that at the Library and against United then I can see us getting two very big wins in those games.
This. Exactly this.

WilsonJet said:
Thelonious said:

I feel exactly the same. It was bittersweet. I'm not gonna lie. I blinked a tear out of my eye at the end, but after a few minutes I realized that what I was feeling was enormous pride.

Incidentally my Father watched his first Tottenham game today all on his own and afterwards he texted me that he was sorry, that we showed a lot of class, and that he did not like this Balotelli character. I thought that was pretty perfect.
My dad knew nothing about football a few years ago, but today he was just as into it as I was. It's been a good bonding thing teaching him the game, and all that.

Bittersweet but very proud of Spurs today. But have a question maybe someone can help. When was the last time VDV was anywhere near the penalty box and didn't shoot from 30 yards out. When Crouch (cringe when I say that) was with us it seemed like he was planted in there. Now it's like we play 4-5-1. With our great midfield why can't he stay more upfront. I'm just wondering when all that changed. Hope lads keep their chins up for the run of games we got coming.

Back
Top Bottom