Rebuild: who stays and who goes?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

These are the players I would move on, not because they aren't decent, but because I don't believe they are, or ever will be top four players. There are also a few others that come close. This list may sound harsh, but can anyone honestly see City or Pool being interested in them. Of course, I can't honestly see Spurs buying 6 players that are better than them during the summer.

Tripps
Davis
Winks
Skipp
Llorente
Janssen

Strongly disagree. We have a huge hole in midfield right now. So we absolutely should not sell Winks.

Nor should we focus on getting someone better in than Davies ?!? clearly not a priorty + he has been very decent replacement for Rose + he can play LB+LCB. Don't get at all where you are coming from with him.

Nor why we should sell Skipp who we have seen very little up to now.
(and at the same time would not move on say Wanyama and Lamela who have almost not played for 2 years now...)

I dag up number of minutes each our firstteamer has played this season (in all comps combined for 1st team) and wanted to share, as this gives better impact of how significant impact losing player X or Y might have -

GK:
Lloris - 3859 min
Gazzaniga - 990 min
Vorm - 279 min

RB:
Trippier - 3084
Aurier - 1358
KWP - 705

CB:
Toby - 4273
Sanchez - 3022
Jan - 2808
Foyth - 1258
Eyoma - 11

LB:
Davies - 2709
Rose- 2474

CM:
Sissoko - 3329
Winks - 2651
Dier - 1912
Wanyama - 982
Dembele - 706
Skipp - 402
Marsh - 25
Amos - 2

AM:
Eriksen - 4039
Son - 3202
Moura- 3148
Alli - 2882
Lamela- 1550
N'Koudou - 121
Sterling - 9

ST:
Kane - 3252
Llorente - 1238
Janssen - 36

So what is the conclusion -
1) If we are thinking about selling Vorm, N'Koudou, Onomah and Janssen - their combined playing time for us this season was 426 minutes. This virtually makes no difference if they are here or not.
2) If we add Wanyama and Lamela to the list (Vic being absent for 2 seasons in row, Coco already 3rd season missing) then we get the number to 2958 minutes (roughly equivalent to 33 full games or the total playing time of Sanchez this season).
3) If we lose Eriksen and Toby due to contract issues, we will lose 2 by far most reliable players from the past season - between 2 of them they played equivalent of 92 full games. Next in line will be Sissoko who played more than 700 minutes less.

Last edited:
I would move on Aurier, Wanyama, Dier, Eriksen (only if a suitable bid comes in. If it doesn't I would sit him down and try to get him to sign an extension on his current deal if still he doesn't want to id use him as bait plus £100 million for Kylian Mbappe and make us the best team in the world) :)) lol

I would move on Aurier, Wanyama, Dier, Eriksen (only if a suitable bid comes in. If it doesn't I would sit him down and try to get him to sign an extension on his current deal if still he doesn't want to id use him as bait plus £100 million for Kylian Mbappe and make us the best team in the world) :)) lol
I agree with your list, apart from Dier, he is a more than useful backup CB and would mean we don't have to sign a CB if Toby goes. Leaving more money for midfielders.

I agree with your list, apart from Dier, he is a more than useful backup CB and would mean we don't have to sign a CB if Toby goes. Leaving more money for midfielders.
The thing with Dier is n my opinion he really hasn't pushed on if Utd come calling with a reported £60 million I'd let him go all day long and spend the money on Maddison and Tielemans

The thing with Dier is n my opinion he really hasn't pushed on if Utd come calling with a reported £60 million I'd let him go all day long and spend the money on Maddison and Tielemans

....Ain't getting Madison for circa 30m either.

Maddison is rumoured to be valued around the 60 million mark I'd take him over Dier any day
Tielemans probably another 40 million
Both are quality players
Both could add to our amazing squad

I’m wary of making too many changes. We obviously need to boost the squad and upgrade in certain areas whilst maintaining the sense camaraderie and continuity that has got us this far under Poch.

I’d say it’s worth hanging onto Eriksen and Toby and letting them walk for free next year to maintain this. Neither seem to have the options that they thought they would.

I could live with N’Dombele and Attal whilst boosting our homegrown quota with Clarke and Sessengnon.

Or alternative just sell Trippier, roll with Aurier/KWP with Foyth and Sissoko in emergency for this upcoming season and buy Max Aarons next year.

Ins:

Ndombele - £65m
Lo Celso - £55m
Sessegnon brothers - £30m
Clarke - £10m
= £160m

Outs:

Trippier - £25m
Wanyama - £5m
Nkoudou - £2.5m
Janssen - £7.5m
Llorente - free
Onomah - £7.5m and sell on %
Carter-Vickers - £7.5m and sell on %
Edwards - £5m + buy back clause and sell on %
=£60m

---------------------------------Lloris------------------------------

Aurier--------Alderweireld--------Vertonghen---------Rose

----------------------Winks-----------Ndombele----------------

-------------------------------Eriksen-----------------------------

-------------Lo Celso-------------------------Dele ---------------

---------------------------------Kane-------------------------------

Backup XI:

------------------------------Gazzaniga--------------------------

Walker-Peters-----Sanchez-------Foyth-------------Davies

-----------------------Dier------------Sissoko-------------------

------------------------------Lamela------------------------------

-----------Lucas---------------------------R Sessegnon---------

--------------------------------Son---------------------------------

£100m spent & players like Whiteman, Skipp, Clarke, S Sessegnon & Parrott to make up the rest of the 1st team squad.

I dag up number of minutes each our firstteamer has played this season (in all comps combined for 1st team) and wanted to share, as this gives better impact of how significant impact losing player X or Y might have -

GK:
Lloris - 3859 min
Gazzaniga - 990 min
Vorm - 279 min

RB:
Trippier - 3084
Aurier - 1358
KWP - 705

CB:
Toby - 4273
Sanchez - 3022
Jan - 2808
Foyth - 1258
Eyoma - 11

LB:
Davies - 2709
Rose- 2474

CM:
Sissoko - 3329
Winks - 2651
Dier - 1912
Wanyama - 982
Dembele - 706
Skipp - 402
Marsh - 25
Amos - 2

AM:
Eriksen - 4039
Son - 3202
Moura- 3148
Alli - 2882
Lamela- 1550
N'Koudou - 121
Sterling - 9

ST:
Kane - 3252
Llorente - 1238
Janssen - 36

So what is the conclusion -
1) If we are thinking about selling Vorm, N'Koudou, Onomah and Janssen - their combined playing time for us this season was 426 minutes. This virtually makes no difference if they are here or not.
2) If we add Wanyama and Lamela to the list (Vic being absent for 2 seasons in row, Coco already 3rd season missing) then we get the number to 2958 minutes (roughly equivalent to 33 full games or the total playing time of Sanchez this season).
3) If we lose Eriksen and Toby due to contract issues, we will lose 2 by far most reliable players from the past season - between 2 of them they played equivalent of 92 full games. Next in line will be Sissoko who played more than 700 minutes less.
That doesn't take into account the amount of times a player in poor form (such as Alli) was picked even though perhaps they shouldn't have been.

I feel like the path we’re on is:

Ndombele 65M
Lo Celso 55M (this is the Eriksen replacement at CAM)
Ceballos swap for Eriksen with maybe 25-30M coming back (further midfield upgrade)
R. Sessegnon (30-40M)
William Saliba 20M
Clarke 10M

Out
Eriksen (25-30M + swap for Ceballos)
Toby 25M
Trippier 25-30M
A few other departures of minor players 15M

Rough net outlay 90-100M

What does this get you?
-much younger squad with some talent that will really hit full stride during the five year contract, with massive sell-on (profit) potential thereafter
-Stength in midfield where we badly need it
-no change in the homegrown counts

Depth chart:
GK: Loris, Gazzaniga, Whiteman

CB: Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth, Saliba (Davies, Dier)

LB: Rose, Davies, Sessegnon (Jan)

RB: Aurier, KWP, Foyth

CM: Ndombele, Ceballos, Winks, Sissoko, Dier, Skip, Marsh, Amos

CAM: Lo Celso, Dele

Wingers: Son, Moura, Dele, Lamela, Lo Celso, Sessegnon

Strikers: Kane, Son, Parrott

Last edited:
I feel like the path we’re on is:

Ndombele 65M
Lo Celso 55M (this is the Eriksen replacement at CAM)
Ceballos swap for Eriksen with maybe 25-30M coming back (further midfield upgrade)
R. Sessegnon (30-40M)
William Saliba 20M
Clarke 10M

Out
Eriksen (25-30M + swap for Ceballos)
Toby 25M
Trippier 25-30M
A few other departures of minor players 15M

Rough net outlay 90-100M

What does this get you?
-much younger squad with some talent that will really hit full stride during the five year contract, with massive sell-on (profit) potential thereafter
-Stength in midfield where we badly need it
-no change in the homegrown counts

Depth chart:
GK: Loris, Gazzaniga, Whiteman

CB: Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth, Saliba (Davies, Dier)

LB: Rose, Davies, Sessegnon (Jan)

RB: Aurier, KWP, Foyth

CM: Ndombele, Ceballos, Winks, Sissoko, Dier, Skip, Marsh, Amos

CAM: Lo Celso, Dele

Wingers: Son, Moura, Dele, Lamela, Lo Celso, Sessegnon

Strikers: Kane, Son, Parrott

That looks good to me except for RB, we cannot rely on Aurier as first choice. If we sold Trips we would have to make a signing.

Hard to say depends what sort of net spend Levy will sanction.

I'd like to see these outs
Rose
Tripps
Wanyama
Vinnie
Lamela
Eriksen (if he won't sign the deal)

And these ins

Clarke
Ndombele
Sess
Van de beek (if Eriksen won't commit)
Grealish
Diop

Lloris, Jan, Son, Kane are the only players I would be gutted to see leave if I'm honest.

Out:

Arcspace
The Hood
John Thomas
Incomplete Usernam
NotABadSquad

In:

Ndombele
+ my sexy new band of multi's

:dude:

Last edited:
Lloris, Jan, Son, Kane are the only players I would be gutted to see leave if I'm honest.
You do not mean that. Surely ?. Best squad and defo best first 11 in years. And better managed/coached in years too. Be more positive and see what we have got. Not having a go at you btw.

Back
Top Bottom