Reallly????

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

http://bettinglatest.com/mark-hughes-le ... xg.twitter

Hilarious!!

I want Don Carlo!! :levywtf:

Mark Hughes leading the pack to manage Spurs after Redknapp

It is no secret that the Tottenham manager Harry Rednapp is unlikely to be at White Hart Lane next season if England offer him Fabio Capello’s job next summer, and a couple of bookies are offering odds on who will take over the reins at Spurs.

For some reason Skybet seem convinced that Mark Hughes is the clear front runner and have him priced at just 5/4 (2.25), which seems to imply that they don’t want to take any more bets on the ex-Man Utd and Chelsea star, but Stan James are offering the much more generous price of 4/1 (5.00).

Another presently out-of-work manager is Martin O’Neill and he is right behind Hughes at 5/1 (6.00) with Stan James, but Skybet are offering a massive 9/1 (10.00) for the Scotsman. Sky have Carlo Ancelotti and David Moyes as their second favourites at 6/1 (7.00).
Ancelotti has made it clear that he wants to work in London again and said he was approached by Tottenham last summer, so he could be a very good bet. Stan James agrees on his chances and also have him at 6/1 (7.00) with Moyes just behind at 7/1 (8.00)

Interestingly Stan James have Guus Hiddink and Roberto Martinez both installed at 12/1 (13.00) while Skybet price them at 25/1 and 16/1 respectively.

My recommended bet at this early stage must be Carlo Ancelotti @ 6/1 from both Stan James and Skybet, but what do Tottenham fans think of Mark Hughes being hot favourite?

I'm currently in the process of producing plenty of screenshots and evidence that I rock at FM2012 to send to Levy which in theory will swing the final decision my way.

Redknapp stated, from words coming out of his own mouth, that he would be at Spurs for as long as Levy wants him.

I was thinking about that the other day.

If Redknapp dies from a heart attack, do I still streak?

I mean... is that ethical?

drwinston001 said:
I'm currently in the process of producing plenty of screenshots and evidence that I rock at FM2012 to send to Levy which in theory will swing the final decision my way.

I had a bet with a friend in 2002 that I couldn't get letters from 5 national or professional football clubs acknowledging my application to be manager, based on my Football/Championship Manager career. Sadly didn't think to email The Metro etc and get an agent like the kids do these days. My favourite was applying to the Scottish F.A.... oh... and out of 5 letters, not one reply. Not even Peter Kenyon, who was at Man Utd

08 February 2002

David Taylor,
The Scottish Football Association,
Hampden Park,
Glasgow
G42 9AY

Dear Mr Taylor:

Why go to all the hassle of appointing Mr. Vogts. I must admit that I do not have a great deal of knowledge regarding the financial status of the Scottish FA, however, I believe that Berti would want a fair amount of money. I on the other hand am currently available and would be prepared to do the job in return for the following:

1) £250 p/w after tax

2) A season ticket to travel from London to Scotland on the train

3) Official tracksuits with my initials on, like the one the England manager gets

4) All the free pies I can eat

My managerial experience is based on getting Boston United promoted from the Conference to the Premier League in just 7 seasons on Championship Manager 2001-02. In this time I have worked with many great players, including, Desailly, Adams, Schmeichel, and Gez Murphy. I have also managed Tottenham Hotspur, Barnet and Telford and had a spell as Republic of Ireland Manager. I have managed to build a good working relationship with both my coaches and the board of directors and this has been important in my drive for success.

I have developed my own tactics as I have soared up the league; these tactics are loosely based around an attacking 4-4-2 formation, but the beauty is that with the right players it could easily become a 5-3-2 defensive formation. Whilst many national teams are using wing back formations these days, I still have a firm faith in the good ol' 4-4-2.

I can also do a bit of drawing and have come up with a few new kit designs that you may be interested in - I will forward these designs to you at a later date.

My playing days sadly came to an end a few years back when I had to give up due to the fact I get migraines when I head the ball, although the doctor said it may actually be a form of concussion. Undeterred though, The Lads and me will go for a kick about from time to time as I can still jump around in goal.

I look forward to hearing your favourable decision regarding my application in the near future.

Flav said:

You never stated T&C's...it was a gentlemans agreement. Just ask Modric about that!

If Jesus was an immaculate conception, then you fell out of the Virgin Mary's cunt, Sibs. Inspirational. Truly.

kushty said:
Flav said:

You never stated T&C's...it was a gentlemans agreement. Just ask Modric about that!

Granted, I'm just not sure how well it will go down that I'm celebrating a man's death by streaking down my street.

Gonna pen a letter to Levy... seems like the right thing to do given the circumstances. I mean, I'm not doing the job for myself, just thinking about Redknapp's health... only right I should get the job.

Spooky - Director of Football
Flav- Assistant
Thelonious - Head Coach

Windy - Youth team manager #nopaedo

Flav said:
If Jesus was an immaculate conception, then you fell out of the Virgin Mary's cunt, Sibs. Inspirational. Truly.
That's a compliment, right?

I can quote you on that in the letter?

Ricky up front, Dan pulling the strings in centre midfield, trunk at right-back and Case alongside Ledley King. Reem team.

The Villa one - abridged as similar to the Scottish FA

Mr. Doug Ellis
Aston Villa Football Club
Villa Park
Trinity Road
Birmingham
B6 6HE

Dear Mr Ellis:

There is no need to worry, as I am currently available and wish to declare my interest in the position of manager.

My experience is based largely on getting Boston United promoted from the Conference to the Premier League in just 7 seasons on Championship Manager 2001-02. In this time I have worked with many great players, including, Marcel Desailly, Tony Adams, Peter Schmeichel, and Paul Gascgoigne. I have also managed to build a good working relationship with both my coaches and the board of directors.

I look forward to hearing from you

Sibs said:
Gonna pen a letter to Levy... seems like the right thing to do given the circumstances. I mean, I'm not doing the job for myself, just thinking about Redknapp's health... only right I should get the job.

Spooky - Director of Football
Flav- Assistant
Thelonious - Head Coach

Windy - Youth team manager #nopaedo

I won't be Clive Allen.

Sibs said:
Flav said:

You're the second born of the Virgin Mary, it's a compliment.

(You can quote me).

Flav said:
Sibs said:
Flav said:

You're the second born of the Virgin Mary, it's a compliment.

(You can quote me).

I am but flesh and bones (0.2% Jack Daniels at the weekend)

[centre]
thread_hijack_in_progress_cnn.jpg
[/centre]

Back
Top Bottom