Race for the title

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I look at it this way, we are a third of the way to 12 wins on the road, if we can manage 12 wins at home and 12 away we aren't far off last season when you bear in mind we don't lose much. Whether it will be enough, I'm not sure this time. City will come undone at some point, they are beatable, everyone is. Whether we'll have enough points on the board to capitalise, I'm not so sure.
12 and 12 for wins is 72 points. This is a normal year and recent history says that will take 85-90 points for a title. With that tally we couldn't afford to lose anymore, which isn't realistic. Right now we're on pace for 80 points, which isn't bad considering the injury problems we've had. But we will need to pick it up just a bit across the rest of the season.

Salmon seems to think TFC is the only place to gauge an opinion of Spurs...maybe thats because he started following the club in his early 20's
False. Mid teens. I mean really, we're going down the "I'm a better fan than thou" route now are we? How desperate do you have to be to win these threads? :avbcringe:

and has no childhood roots so goes to games on his own and doesnt really have an early history of a circle of Spurs fans around him.
False again. I go to some games on my own and that is mainly due to the nature of being a ST holder.

I know 5 people who go every week, and before I moved away, I went with with them from the age of 12 up to 24.
I value their opinions on Wembley and MK, and agree with them, based on my own experiences as a fan.
By your own dick measuring standards I've got 22 years of going to your 12. So don't pretend I'm some sort of newbie who hasn't a clue. RFight now you're nowhere in sight and lecturing those who do go about how they should be supporting the team.

we will be close at the end of the season, but it won't be enough. City will tie it up with 5 games to spare. People will moan about Levy's last minute signings, Poch's intensity, Harry Kane not scoring in August. Then England will be shit at the World Cup. Same as it ever was.

I think we're likely to finish second again because we are handicapped by Wembley. But, I do think we will be in the race so let's so what happens. We haven't had an amazing start and yet we are barely behind sitting in third at the moment. Both City and Utd have weaknesses and will drop points. The thing that excites me is that we have some very good players to come back from injury that will surely improve us. I mean we're where we are with Demeble, Rose, Lamela, and Wanyama out and all are regular first team players. We always do well over the Christmas period too, and our rivals tend to fuck up at that point.
Yep we are well in contention.
If you think that Liverpool arse and Chelsea were supposedly way ahead of us and had a much better transfer window and were showing Spurs how to strengthen, yet they sit there 9pts behind the leaders already, with Chelsea and arse losing 3 games each.

I can see Pool finishing 6th to be honest.

None of the media talk about our injuries, because Poch isn't crying about it like Pep, Klopp and Jose would.

Yep we are well in contention.
If you think that Liverpool arse and Chelsea were supposedly way ahead of us and had a much better transfer window and were showing Spurs how to strengthen, yet they sit there 9pts behind the leaders already, with Chelsea and arse losing 3 games each.

I can see Pool finishing 6th to be honest.

None of the media talk about our injuries, because Poch isn't crying about it like Pep, Klopp and Jose would.
I stupidly listened to 606 for the first time in a long time on Sat. Their excuse for never mentioning spurs in the title race was Wembley. They didn’t explain how Liverpool and Woolwich still get mentioned. If we can’t finish ahead of City, those two jokes of clubs have no chance

I stupidly listened to 606 for the first time in a long time on Sat. Their excuse for never mentioning spurs in the title race was Wembley. They didn’t explain how Liverpool and Woolwich still get mentioned. If we can’t finish ahead of City, those two jokes of clubs have no chance

Ive stopped caring about pundits and journos. These days most are nothing more than bitter fans of their old clubs, who take no pride in their jobs, and have less ability to google some simple facts than the average person on a chat forum.

Remember last year when Dier would join Utd because we signed Wanyama and he wasnt getting any game time......they all couldnt google a simple Spurs line up and see that he was in defence for the 6 months he was supposedly out of the team?

What will happen if Kane gets injured???? Not ONE outlet mentioned we won every single game in the 11 weeks Kane missed with two separate injuries. No one mentioned that Son, Dele and Eriksen scored 54 goals.
No one mentioned that Son (a sub) scored more than Hazard, Coutinho and just a couple less than Costa and Lukaku.

The weak squad mantra, sucked up by our own fans too........how are we doing without Wanyama and Dembele then? How did we do without Rose? How are we doing without Walker?

Where are all the stats from our last 2 years against City? They are the best team on the planet? Sorry, havent we just finished above them for the last few years and taken 10pts off them in that period? Oh they spent another half billion, how admirable.

Liverpool are apparantley "breathtaking in attack"......Spurs win big. Can they keep Kane.

Fuck em......we can win the PL, but all it will mean is that we cant pay our players enough and they will all leave. And we dont win the PL, they will all leave to win stuff.

Fuck the media

Last edited:
Seriously, I don't honestly think we will get top four, let alone win the league. The Wembley hoodoo is to bigger an obstacle for us, and I don't see us picking up many points against the top sides.

Seriously, I don't honestly think we will get top four, let alone win the league. The Wembley hoodoo is to bigger an obstacle for us, and I don't see us picking up many points against the top sides.
We will finish second or third. We are far better than Liverpool or Woolwich, and Chelsea has continental football to worry about this season and are overdue for a mutiny.

We will finish second or third. We are far better than Liverpool or Woolwich, and Chelsea has continental football to worry about this season and are overdue for a mutiny.
And Mou is apparently on the outs with Woodward now so who knows how the locker room at United will end up feeling down the road

And Mou is apparently on the outs with Woodward now so who knows how the locker room at United will end up feeling down the road
Best side they've played so far is Liverpool in disarray, and they struggled. They're about to come up against significantly harder opposition. I think City is for real this season, but I think United is a paper tiger that's going to be found out.

Best side they've played so far is Liverpool in disarray, and they struggled. They're about to come up against significantly harder opposition. I think City is for real this season, but I think United is a paper tiger that's going to be found out.

City may be for real but I'd def feel a bit empty if we did it their way - there's no joy or pride in winning by throwing billions at it. I know it means their fans will throw 'what have you won?' at us but I still feel superior to them and that'll only increase when we win the league the right way :)

Plus Guardiola is the luckiest coach there has ever been - Barca when Messi emerged, then over to Bayern with the players they get in Germany and now to the oil billions. Don't think he has an answer when the sh1t hits the fan like it did last season and it will this season.

We´ll do better against the top teams, like we did against Dortmund. Liverpool wont have 11 men behind the ball

Back
Top Bottom