PSV (H) MUST WIN GAME

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wasn't his best game to be fair.

But everyone on here should know better than to criticise him before the end of the 90 minutes. He will ALWAYS make you eat your words in some way. As someone else put it, a living legend.

Unless he's properly injured or has been sent off or we are smashing the opponent (although 3-0 is a nervey scorline for us) he should never come off during a game.

I'm a modern armchair fan who prefers to just watch football from the comfort of my home, but I was actually there at Wembley for this one and despite the fact that I was cold and hungry, it was fantastic to watch a great comeback win from the boys in the flesh. I thought Kane, Dele, Winks and Gazza played particularly well. Also fair play to the PSV fans, they made all the noise throughout.

I'm a modern armchair fan who prefers to just watch football from the comfort of my home.
It's interesting, isn't it?

I let my season ticket go and I must say I've been enjoying actually watching the game far more. Obviously I miss the atmosphere. But the older I get the more I just wanna watch the game and concentrate on the players.

Can see myself attending less and less. A young man's game.

How would it have been different is Inter lost. We still have to beat them and hope PSV do us a favour on Matchday 6. We just need to beat them by 2 clear goals now or 1:0
No it is worse as if we win both our games and as expected Inter beat PSV, we are out if we only win 2-1 or 3-2 against Inter. 2-1 would mean it goes down to goal difference and do you really think we will win against Barca by more goals than Inter beat PSV.

Yes, but it means we COULD have potentially relied on PSV putting in defensive masterclass or their keeper having a worldy and stealing a point and then we could have drawn away at the Nou Camp and gone through on H2H.

Now as it stands, we simply have to beat Inter Milan and Barcelona. Who said Spurs like doing it the easy way!?

surely that still stands. If we beat Inter 1 - 0, or by two goals, PSV snatch a point away at Inter, then we still only have to draw at Barca, thus being equal on points but above Inter on head to head

surely that still stands. If we beat Inter 1 - 0, or by two goals, PSV snatch a point away at Inter, then we still only have to draw at Barca, thus being equal on points but above Inter on head to head

Sorry, yeah I got it mixed up.

What I should have said was that if Barcelona won last night, we COULD have lost to Barcelona on the final day and still gone through if results went our way. Now we simply have to get something from Barcelona (more than likely a win)

Sorry, yeah I got it mixed up.

What I should have said was that if Barcelona won last night, we COULD have lost to Barcelona on the final day and still gone through if results went our way. Now we simply have to get something from Barcelona (more than likely a win)
Yep that took the shine off the win, still we only have ourselves to blame, useless cunts.

I let my season ticket go and I must say I've been enjoying actually watching the game far more. Obviously I miss the atmosphere. But the older I get the more I just wanna watch the game and concentrate on the players.

Yeh I'm not the most outgoing person myself, getting up and actually traveling to and from a game is far too much bother for me to become a regular thing. And I know that makes me less of a real fan, but I'm fine being a casual fan. Also I think after a few visits the atmosphere thing would start to wear off and I would start hating some of the other things it involves. I've been to Wembley a couple of times now, and I definitely want to go and see the new stadium (whenever that will be), but I think I will continue to watch football mostly on TV.

In fairness we shouldn't be in this position as both games away at Milan and PSV the team should have been more disciplined and professional by seeing those games out.
Now the task is a lot more difficult and whilst I think we can beat Milan at home I just cannot see us getting anything at the nou camp.

I see little coutradiciton between the two statements.
I mean those players deserve to win a MAJOR trophy. Eriksen and Kane and Alli and Vertonghen deserve more than a League Cup. Sorry but thats how I see it.

Seriously doubt that player of Lloris, Eriksen or Vertonghen calibre would remember fondly winning a "fifth most important trophy" of a season (going like this CL>EPL>EL>FA>EFL>Community Shield in my books).
If about half of our first team 'deserve' this 'major' trophy, maybe they should get their arse in gear and win one?

I think we all get that, feck these players drive me nuts as well, but it's the same people writing the same stuff over and over .... who can't already predict Bus-Conducter's post match whinge?

Who on earth goes on the internet during a game to slag off the team they supposedly support? why would you? Scream at the telly, throw your beer, but jump online to whine? that's just lame .....

The same goes for the little group (we all know who you are) who seem to spend an eternity running around this site placing dislikes, no reason or comment, just dislike ... same people over and over ... come on John how sad is that?

If you dislike something, which is fair enough, then as you and most rational posters do post why you dislike it ... to run around disliking every post by another user? that's kindergarten stuff ... but I guess children will play .....

Used to be fun winding up the idiots, but it's to easy when they bite at anything ...
That is one thing I never understand.

When we are not playing well during a game or have lost, the last place I want to be is online with all you miserable fuckers reminding me how shit my football club have been. :wall:

:pochbye:

:dierpochhug:

We only have to match Inters result against PSV. IF we beat inter by the required margin. I fancy we can do that, even against Barca.

hqdefault.jpg

Met him when he was at the Royal Garden Hotel with the Hull squad (week after Ryan Mason has his career ended by that cunt Cahill)
I can honestly say it was a memorable 5 minutes of Spurs chat & sharing concerns about Ryan’s injury. He’s a proper down to earth gentleman who still loves Spurs.
Unlike Huddlestone who was a miserable twat.
Absolutely love the bloke (Daws, not Thudd)

Dawson is such a decent guy and the sort that appreciates fans. On a couple of occasions after matches Dawson stopped to sign my son’s programme but unlike many others he would take the time to say a few words.

Dawson is such a decent guy and the sort that appreciates fans. On a couple of occasions after matches Dawson stopped to sign my son’s programme but unlike many others he would take the time to say a few words.

I think he represents a clear division between different types of Spurs fans.

One side want the very best, and anything less is unacceptable.

The other side cares about character and effort.

I always loved Dawson. He wasn’t the best centre back in the world, but he was a great person to have in our team. I guess it’s the same factor that leaves me confused when I look back at the ‘90s. We were pretty shit, but for much of that decade we had players that gave everything, and the best crowd atmosphere in the land. Any player that gives all they can, regardless of ability, has always been appreciated by the fans.

Just to be clear, I’m well aware that Dawson didn’t play for us in the ‘90s!

Speak for yourself!

Back
Top Bottom