PSV (H) MUST WIN GAME

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s going to end in glorious failure, I fear.
If we beat Inter better than they beat us, we have to match their result in the final round of games.
UEFA will love that scenario for viewing figures as there’s no dead rubber match. But...It’s likely inter will beat PSV. And as much as it pains me to say it, it’s unlikely we will get a win at the Nou camp.
Stranger things have happened, and where there’s hope, there’s a chance we will pull a stunner off. However, Barca fans would love to see an ex Espanyol manager put to the sword.
Whatever the next 2 games have in store, I’m just hoping we go in all guns blazing and if it isn’t to be, it’s still glorious.
COYS.

Watched the game in a pub , so didn’t get to see it all but every time I looked up we were attacking so it looked as though we deserved it .

Good to get a win finally . That should secure our europa position now. Looking forward to it , as we could win it .

95% confirms it.

PSV would have to win all their remaining games (Barca at home, Inter away) and for us to fail to win both of ours to take 3rd place. Unlikely.

I don't mind the Europa League to be honest. Always said that if you get through the dreaded group stage, it's a fine competition. You still have to play EIGHT games to get to the final but you tend to play a lot better competition. Teams likely to be in the knockout stages of the Europa League:

Bayer Leverkusen
RB Leipzig
Zenit
Dinamo Zagreb
Woolwich
Sporting
AC Milan
Real Betis
Villarreal
Frankfurt
Lazio
Sevilla
Chelsea
PSG/Napoli/Liverpool
Galatasaray
Benfica/Ajax
Hoffenheim/Lyon
Valencia/Man Utd

Some really good teams in there, so it won't be an easy competition to win but it'd be a good competition to get some squad players fighting for their place and hopefully playing into a bit of form as well as potentially blooding in a few youngsters.

I would love us to win Europa league (IF WE ARE IN IT). We're still in CL and I would rather give this team a chance than write statements like we already dropped into EL.

That should secure our europa position now. Looking forward to it , as we could win it .

1*RSuZC5ZglLe7zyVcYcrmBA.jpeg

Spurs beat Inter 2-0 and win at Barca will do.

Have a moment of sympathy for Thierry Henry bringing on two 17 year-olds in Monaco's 0-4 home defeat to a Belgium team.

BTW he is a Sky "Expert".......
Other than having to beat Barca, we have to beat inter by just 1-0 since we would then have more away goals in matches between us.

Haha go on Dawson, son!

Llorente assist for the first goal, for once we actually continued to cross the ball when he came on!

Would love to see us put 3 or 4 past Inter. Let's face it, they're not a good side. Barca should have beaten them by 4 or 5 last night and we NEVER should have lost vs them at the San Siro.

"I WANT US TO WIN A TROPHY, THESE PLAYERS DESERVE TO WIN A TROPHY..

BUT NOT THE EUROPA LEAGUE OR LEAGUE CUP. THEY'RE SHIT"

I see little coutradiciton between the two statements.
I mean those players deserve to win a MAJOR trophy. Eriksen and Kane and Alli and Vertonghen deserve more than a League Cup. Sorry but thats how I see it.

Seriously doubt that player of Lloris, Eriksen or Vertonghen calibre would remember fondly winning a "fifth most important trophy" of a season (going like this CL>EPL>EL>FA>EFL>Community Shield in my books).

I mean those players deserve to win a MAJOR trophy. Eriksen and Kane and Alli and Vertonghen deserve more than a League Cup. Sorry but thats how I see it.

Seriously doubt that player of Lloris, Eriksen or Vertonghen calibre would remember fondly winning a "fourth most important trophy" of a season.

They deserve sweet fuck all.

Seriously doubt that player of Lloris, Eriksen or Vertonghen calibre would remember fondly winning a "fifth most important trophy" of a season (going like this CL>EPL>EL>FA>EFL>Community Shield in my books).

I’ve got a drawer full of ‘deserves’ at home. Nobody deserves anything in professional sport - You’ve got to take it.

Met him when he was at the Royal Garden Hotel with the Hull squad (week after Ryan Mason has his career ended by that cunt Cahill)
I can honestly say it was a memorable 5 minutes of Spurs chat & sharing concerns about Ryan’s injury. He’s a proper down to earth gentleman who still loves Spurs.
Unlike Huddlestone who was a miserable twat.
Absolutely love the bloke (Daws, not Thudd)

Last night was watching Spurs of 2/3 years ago. Totally dominant and attack after attack.On another day we could have bagged 6 or 7. God knows how many corners we had or shots at goal?
Fully deserved the 3 points and justice was served as them time wasting Cloggers got exactly what they deserved.
That Cunt who went down with a suspected hamstring injury only to waste 5 minutes and then sprint back on was annoying at the time but hilarious at the end.

Didn't agree with the booing for taking Lucas off, yes he was playing well but we have to trust the managers decision, we have a lot of games over a short period and he has to manage those players and from where i'm standing he's doing a pretty god job with them.
Lucas may be part of his plans for saturday and he may have mentioned that he was feeling tired, i wish people would look at the bigger picture before criticising and certainly booing.
3 wins in 6 days? Poch must have a rough idea what he's doing with his players..

On another note, I still think we are in with a chance of qualifying, we need to beat Inter and then Barca will already be through so they won't be full strength. If not then definitely we should aim for 3rd. Europa is an excellent trophy to win and we should try for all trophies end of story.

Back
Top Bottom