Predictions for what we can achieve under Mourinho during his entire tenure.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What can we achieve under Mourinho in 3 seasons?

• Top six and EL win

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Top 4 and some silverware. The way to show he was worth sacking Poch for is to go one better in the CL. Having stood in a CL Final and seen my club lose, all I want before I check out is to see us win.

I’m not getting carried away. We played well yesterday for most of the game, but I’m glad we had the 3 goal cushion!!
There’s usually a new manager bounce as well.
However, there is no doubting his record. And he does seem to be a man on a mission. So the early signs are good. I’d be delighted if he managed to win us any of the 3 competitions we are still in. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he finished this season empty handed.
And if he doesn’t win anything this season, I’m not unduly bothered as long as we continue on an upward curve.
Next season is when we can properly judge him. I’m excited to see what he can do with this group of players.

I’m not getting carried away. We played well yesterday for most of the game, but I’m glad we had the 3 goal cushion!!
There’s usually a new manager bounce as well.
However, there is no doubting his record. And he does seem to be a man on a mission. So the early signs are good. I’d be delighted if he managed to win us any of the 3 competitions we are still in. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he finished this season empty handed.
And if he doesn’t win anything this season, I’m not unduly bothered as long as we continue on an upward curve.
Next season is when we can properly judge him. I’m excited to see what he can do with this group of players.

Agreed, he has to win something next season though imo.

I believe he is a man on a mission after being embarrassed by his Manchester experience. He will make the team more than respectable this season and challenge for everything next season. He will be driven to succeed.

This season:
I expect better results but not better performances. Games that we've drawn recently we might be lucky with scrapping a win and games we've been losing we might luck a draw. I think his presence can lift the mood and thus the results.

He certainly has it in him to bore us to a final, and I'd back him over most Managers to win once at the semi-final stage, although it's not something I'll hold him to. If he's any good we should get top 4 and no lower than 5th. Below 5th we have to ask is he all that and sack him.

But more than anything (and to avoid being sacked if he doesn't manage 5th) he has to show that he can play expansive, progress football. I'm not expecting this as a constant, I am expecting/demanding that there are genuine signs that he's not gonna have us play the shit he usually serves up (cups excluded). If he doesn't have us playing in some form of football that the best teams in Europe are playing then what is the fucking point of having him manage us? Because what he's served up in his recent appointments will not have us compete at the top of this league or in Europe. These performances do not even have to be games we win, I will not get upset if we lost but could see that we were showing signs of playing some great football. I genuinely mean this.

If there are no signs of this then I want him out and I want us to re-set with a coach that is already playing the nice stuff, maybe Klopp or Pep will be free next year, proven coaches of TODAY'S footy.

Next Season:
If he is still with us and hopefully that means he's shown us this season that we are on track that he's not a has-been and that his football is relevant, then he simply has to do better than Poch did in his 2nd season which was 3rd (should have been fucking 2nd) a domestic cup (Poch took us to League Cup Final). The base at which he's started with is way, way higher than what Poch started with. He has the best training Ground in World football, the best stadium in world football, he'll have more than Poch ever had to spend and the calibre of the squad he has inherited is infinitely better than Poch inherited. It would be a massive failure not to deliver a Cup or finish lower than 3rd. We should be a quarter-final CL team.

Following season
If he hasn't been sacked (meaning he's bettered Poch's 2nd season) then great because he should be playing sexy football, which means we should be challenging for the League Title, and expect another domestic Cup and we should be at least a quarter-final CL team. We should have another Manager lined up because he's about to renegotiate a contract extension which means the shit is about to hit the fan.

Premier league title x 4
CL x2
Fa cup x 1
League cup x 3
Charity Shield x 4
European super cup x 2
World club x 1
PFA player of the year under him:
Kane x 2
Ronaldo x 1
Son x 1
Alli x 1
PFA young players of the year under him:
Sancho x 1
Sessegnon x 1
Golden boot winner under him:
Kane x 4

Statue of him outside the ground:
Bronze

Imagine having a poll like this when Poch first started.

Then recapping it now after he has been sacked. I think most people would have been happy with his contribution given nobody really knew what to expect of him being relatively new.

Imagine having a poll like this when Poch first started.

Then recapping it now after he has been sacked. I think most people would have been happy with his contribution given nobody really knew what to expect of him being relatively new.
If we have a poll like this now, it;s because we got Poch five years ago. Different eras, different targets
Having said that, I am looking forward to see Mou taking us to an even higher level ad he;s got all my support

I’m not getting ahead of myself but I honestly can’t ever see us losing a game again. The shitty late goals at present are just so we stay under the radar.

:mourglasses:

Not a bad first week. 3 wins from 3 with 10 goals scored. Last 16 slot secured in the European Cup. Up from 14th to 5th in the league with the gap on 4th placed Chavs halved from 12 to 6.

This season - fight for top 4 (we're on track for this), plus a domestic cup. Next season - who knows?

If Mourinho sees out 2-3 season with a trophy and at least one league title fight it's job done.

Back
Top Bottom