Pre-Season 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sunday 6 September
Ben Davies - Wales home UEFA Nations League match against Bulgaria - kick-off 2pm
Matt Doherty - Republic of Ireland home UEFA Nations League match against Finland - kick-off 5pm

Monday 7 September
Steven Bergwijn - Netherlands home UEFA Nations League match against Italy - kick-off 7.45pm

Tuesday 8 September
Toby Alderweireld - Belgium home UEFA Nations League match against Iceland - kick-off 7.45pm
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg / Eric Dier and Harry Kane - Denmark home UEFA Nations League match against England - kick-off 7.45pm
Hugo Lloris and Moussa Sissoko - France home UEFA Nations League match against Croatia - kick-off 7.45pm
Brandon Austin, Ryan Sessegnon and Oliver Skipp - England Under-21s away European Under-21 Championship qualifier against Austria - kick-off 7.30pm
Gedson Fernandes - Portugal Under-21s home European Under-21 Championship qualifier against Belarus - kick-off 5.30pm

Not sure where else to put this, but here's a video of the lads bonding on the Skywalk. One can easily see who is afraid of heights here :mourlmao:

I always found it odd that people would prefer someone who runs around doing nothing over someone who doesn't run around as much but does stuff.

How's Clarke doing?
In addition to vocally preferring them, I think everyone has this massive subconscious blindspot wherein they have a hard time telling the difference between running around a lot ("making effort") and achieving a lot. It manifests as higher ratings for more energetic players even when they actually do less of value than slower/less explosive players.

I'm certainly not above it. When Son and Lucas are sprinting all over the place and Kane is not running so much because that's not his thing, I'm always aware of it and the fact that it makes Kane look worse somehow in the back of my head somewhere.

I guess that's just the way the brain works: biased towards energy that we can see. The slower player using more energy to think about his next play is harder to appreciate. Same reason most people like brainless ballbashers (players who just hit the ball really hard) in tennis (myself included to some extent).

Back
Top Bottom