Power Shift

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1. I think this talk of power shift is stupid. I doubt that any such thing actually happens and is nothing more than a concept journalists made up to explain a vastly more complex occurrence happening.

2. A shift in power is the fluctuation of influence between players in a zero sum game. First, football is not a zero sum game (though there are zero sum subgames to it as a market). Second, the "power" is not shifted because it is not shifting from Woolwich but rather shifting to us regardless or across the board from all players. Woolwich's demise is coincidental to our surge, it does not directly feed our increased standing.
So talk of a shift is unfitting, it may be better to talk of prominence instead.

Whilst still celebrating finishing above them, playing at Wembley next season and holding onto our best players is a concern. Not sure how much extra revenue will be generated next season by playing in a bigger stadium but that needs to be invested in the players. We need to keep above them and if we were still at WHL and every first teamer stayed I would have more confidence.

Back
Top Bottom