Posh seat wankers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People clearly not turning up because of our poor form at Wembley and especially because of our disappointing CL campaign last season. I imagine the journey on a week night is the excuse, however these are the kind of fans i'd rather stay away anyway.

Wembley is actually around the corner for me and my mates, however WHL can be a bit of a slap. That didn't stop us from enjoying the likes of Qarabag on a Thursday night.

I imagine it will be close to full for Madrid, probably with a fair few neutrals too. Give me 65k committed fans over 90k part timers anyday.

I arrived about 20 mins late due to a train cancellation at Harrow and the queue to the box office was still a quarter way round the stadium. It was a bit of a shambles the organisation last night.

Basically, pay the extra to get the ticket sent to you or use your card.

People clearly not turning up because of our poor form at Wembley and especially because of our disappointing CL campaign last season. I imagine the journey on a week night is the excuse, however these are the kind of fans i'd rather stay away anyway.

Wembley is actually around the corner for me and my mates, however WHL can be a bit of a slap. That didn't stop us from enjoying the likes of Qarabag on a Thursday night.

I imagine it will be close to full for Madrid, probably with a fair few neutrals too. Give me 65k committed fans over 90k part timers anyday.

What a load of bollocks.

We had about 26k for Qarabag??? And with much cheaper tickets.
So where were the 65k commited fans that night? ....... only needed 36k of them to fill the Lane after all.

Weeknights at the Lane were not always sold out. Some people just struggle with weeknights. But it fils up on the big games. That's football and that's people.

Thought last night was a good number really.
Considering ticket prices and Wembley being a pain for a lot of people who work outside of London.

But let's see how many come for Barnsley next week.....

What a load of bollocks.

We had about 26k for Qarabag??? And with much cheaper tickets.
So where were the 65k commited fans that night? ....... only needed 36k of them to fill the Lane after all.

Weeknights at the Lane were not always sold out. Some people just struggle with weeknights. But it fils up on the big games. That's football and that's people.

Thought last night was a good number really.
Considering ticket prices and Wembley being a pain for a lot of people who work outside of London.

But let's see how many come for Barnsley next week.....

You've bought up a load of point's that I never even made.

-I didn't say that qarabag was sold out. My point was that for some games like that were extremely difficult to make, but some still did, which is positive.

-The 65k was in regards to last night, again commending those who made the effort, which is again positive.

-The main point I was making is that we more or less sold out against monaco and that number drastically dropped for Dortmund, probably because of our home form and how disappointing that last campaign were and maybe even prices. However I expect the number to rise now that we have won our first game. I guess the novelty has started to wear a bit thin for some as well.

-The only dig I guess I was making is that I expect a lot of people didn't turn up yesterday because they didn't think we would win, which does not sit well with me. I guess part timers was a bit strong but I don't think anyone can argue that the attendance was affected by our poor wembley form.

Let's not focus on negatives anyway, attendance doesn't matter, the result was brilliant.

The lower ring was mostly full except for around the team benchs

images

The stewards last night were absolutely shite. We got caught up at gates m/n. We had bobby Moore entrance and were told to go to m/n. Got to the front to be told to go the other side of the fkin stadium. Missed both early goals. Fair play to fans singing Wembleys a shit hole, I wanna go home.

Isn't it the case that for every game that is against a team with potentially a large number away fans that would purchase general sale tickets, that tickets are restricted to people who had joined the club membership before July or something? So they don't go general sale and only the smaller a games do. So what's going to happen is that all the big games will be played under capacity and all the smaller games will be played at full capacity?

As for the empty seats behind the dugout - it's like that for every single game at Wembley, including cup finals, because they're bought on long term deals by rich people from around the world who might just want to use them now and again. The red empty seats in that area has been a problem that's plagued Wembley since it was built.

You've bought up a load of point's that I never even made.

-I didn't say that qarabag was sold out. My point was that for some games like that were extremely difficult to make, but some still did, which is positive.

-The 65k was in regards to last night, again commending those who made the effort, which is again positive.

-The main point I was making is that we more or less sold out against monaco and that number drastically dropped for Dortmund, probably because of our home form and how disappointing that last campaign were and maybe even prices. However I expect the number to rise now that we have won our first game. I guess the novelty has started to wear a bit thin for some as well.

-The only dig I guess I was making is that I expect a lot of people didn't turn up yesterday because they didn't think we would win, which does not sit well with me. I guess part timers was a bit strong but I don't think anyone can argue that the attendance was affected by our poor wembley form.

Let's not focus on negatives anyway, attendance doesn't matter, the result was brilliant.
It's either the home form, the novelty of seeing us play in the CL, or the fact the game was not on general sale. Either way, we're better off without those people.

Bet the supposed "die hard" fans who can't be fucked to go to Wembley will peel themselves off the sofa if we have decent CL run...

Well i wasn't there last night as I couldn't get day of work. I get up at 4.30 am I get home from night games between 00.30 and 01.30am.

I'm away on business tomorrow and have to get up at 04.00am.

But I was in the 18k crowd for Wrexham at home in the late 70s and 25k vs Shaktar Donetsk in 2008-09 ish. And the 6k odd at Terry Naylor's testimonial. I still do 20 odd games a season with a 5 hour round trip including youth and ladies away games in my local area.

Am I worthy enough to be included in the proper fans club. Pretty please.

P.S. I will probably go to the Madrid game. Fucking glory hunter.

A few mixed messages regarding last night and the atmosphere..

If the "plastics" stayed away hence the empty seats, that doesnt explain the lack of atmosphere from the 65,000 "proper" fans. Im not getting that..?

Also, this is what Wembley is....there should be no surprises about the difficulty in generating songs. Its simply not a good stadium and never has been (the new one). Its huge, and thats what got everyone moist, but for noise its shite.

I dont think the turnout was to do with "the hoodoo"......if the ticketing farce was to blame, then thats a joke.

Well i wasn't there last night as I couldn't get day of work. I get up at 4.30 am I get home from night games between 00.30 and 01.30am.

I'm away on business tomorrow and have to get up at 04.00am.

But I was in the 18k crowd for Wrexham at home in the late 70s and 25k vs Shaktar Donetsk in 2008-09 ish. And the 6k odd at Terry Naylor's testimonial. I still do 20 odd games a season with a 5 hour round trip including youth and ladies away games in my local area.

Am I worthy enough to be included in the proper fans club. Pretty please.

P.S. I will probably go to the Madrid game. Fucking glory hunter.

That was the first testimonial i went , i think.
Still don't get why there was only 6k there.
That's a poor turn out for such a legend.
He would get more than that if they had one for him today i reckon.
Why was it so low? Can you remember if there was any reason?

That was the first testimonial i went , i think.
Still don't get why there was only 6k there.
That's a poor turn out for such a legend.
He would get more than that if they had one for him today i reckon.
Why was it so low? Can you remember if there was any reason?

Was rearranged at short notice if I recall and I might be imagining it but wasn'the the weather atrocious or is that why it was rearranged? A long time ago!

Back
Top Bottom