Poll - Iconic players of the 18-19 Season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Iconic players 18-19 season

• Kane

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • Son

Votes: 57 78.1%
  • Sissoko

Votes: 61 83.6%
  • Dele

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Rose

Votes: 26 35.6%
  • Vertonghen

Votes: 43 58.9%
  • Lucas

Votes: 48 65.8%
  • Alderweireld

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Hugo

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Winks

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Llorente

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Eriksen

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lamela

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm looking for the 5-7 players who people think are the iconic players that embody the club.

Full disclosure: I'm planning a painting of said 5-7 players to commemorate this amazing season (not over yet!), and only want to pick the most beloved players. These are not necessarily the best players of the season but the ones that live and breathe Tottenham, and have big personalities on and/or off the pitch that you can fall in love with. I'm also vary of including players who are likely to move on in the summer and might leave a bad taste or a heartache and don't want to be reminded whenever I look upon the painting in the future.

I'm pretty sure about Kane, Son, Sissoko, Dele and Rose.... what do you think?

The people I'm agonizing over are the likes of Eriksen and Toby who are both likely to leave. Captain Hugo, who is not a very big personality, and had that drink drive thing.

This season?

Kane
Son
Sissoko
Winks
Lucas
Hugo
Eriksen

in my view, if we're picking 7 from this season who have had significant contributions to where we either finished in the league or where we could end up finishing in the Champions League.

I'm looking for the 5-7 players who people think are the iconic players that embody the club.

Full disclosure: I'm planning a painting of said 5-7 players to commemorate this amazing season (not over yet!), and only want to pick the most beloved players. These are not necessarily the best players of the season but the ones that live and breathe Tottenham, and have big personalities on and/or off the pitch that you can fall in love with. I'm also vary of including players who are likely to move on in the summer and might leave a bad taste or a heartache and don't want to be reminded whenever I look upon the painting in the future.

I'm pretty sure about Kane, Son, Sissoko, Dele and Rose.... what do you think?
I don't think 5-7 players cover it for me... they're ALL heroes!
If you can stretch your canvas (and have enough paint) I'd suggest you have a go at doing the whole SQUAD!
(Easy for me to say, I realise... I ain't gotta paint the thing!!)

Thank you for the votes! I think we are on the same page for the most part, except I thought Dele would get a little more love. However he hasn't really stood out too much this season. They all deserve to be in it of course, including all the sideline staff, it is a selection headache.

source.gif

Doesn't seem right that LLorente won't make the cut....

Him & Lucas are the story of our CL run.

H
This season?

Kane
Son
Sissoko
Winks
Lucas
Hugo
Eriksen

in my view, if we're picking 7 from this season who have had significant contributions to where we either finished in the league or where we could end up finishing in the Champions League.
Had the same except Rose for Eriksen, I just love Rose’s honesty and ‘real’ attitude. I also think he’s been brilliant in the back end of this season while Eriksen has been poor for he most part (and the whole will he stay or go saga)

This poll has helped me realize I was trying to hard to think of the season as a whole, but in reality who cares who was playing well in November or whatever. This season will always be remembered for our CL campaign and the painting should reflect that first and foremost.

Òur league season was pretty disappointing, so, as mentioned above, this can only be a reflection of our CL campaign.

Hugo in Dortmund, Llorente at City and Lucas in Amsterdam, Jan for his marauding display and goal at Wembley and hero moment at NWHL after getting returning to the pitch concussed . And you could throw in Poch himself for his post match emotions after Ajax... Those would be my 5 stand out individuals and moments.
Then it's whoever you add in to make up the quota. Son, and Sissoko maybe.

Still think this stuff is premature though. We ain't won nothing yet. Nobody remembers losers or runners up. Lets win the damn thing first.
In fact we take the piss out of other clubs for stuff like this.

Last edited:
PrintmockupVanilla.jpg

In case anyone is curious how this all turned out. As you can see had a hard time trimming it down to 7. Also just had to add Potch as well.

If anyone is interested I just put it up in my online printshop. I have a timelapse video of the painting process there and you can see the detail better.
My printshop

Back
Top Bottom