Poch seasons compared

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We’re doing amazing despite some early turigid performances (even though we got the wins).
All this without signings and practically 80% of the squad being injured at some point.
Add this to the CL campaign and we have all the proof that Poch is always evolving.

We have a fantastic squad, and new surprises keep popping up.....Sissokos form, Skipp, Davies can play CB....what’s next I’m wondering.

The really sad thing is that soon it’s January and all this gets thrown aside by people who will now start demanding marquee signings to continue our title push.
Yes, by the very same people who predicted 8th just 16 weeks ago.

The bar is always raised, and not enough credit given.

I'm gonna put it here
de3f6dada8bef3ff5270ebbf5fdc0fc3.jpg

Okay, so a slightly frightening stat is that in the 16-17 season, Poch managed 8 more points in the second half of the season. Fast forward to the 17-18 season, and Poch managed 9 more points in the second half of that season. He has never finished a season worse than he started it so far, and this season we are half way through with 45 points.

Based on the past four seasons, it is unlikely that we will score less than 90 points overall this season. Furthermore, if he continues consistent progression of the previous two seasons, and scores 10 more points this season, we will score 100 points. However, to do that would mean scoring 55 points in the second half of the season. That would equate to winning every remaining game and drawing one. And we don't do draws..

I'm gonna put it here
de3f6dada8bef3ff5270ebbf5fdc0fc3.jpg

Look at Newcastle! Mike Ashley really is a crook isn’t he? I don’t like it when people say Newcastle are as big if not bigger than us because it simply isn’t true but that club really do deserve better than he’s given them!

Michael Owen is still their record signing and teams like Brighton, Watford & Bournemouth pay their players more. Shocking!

93/94 - 45pts
96/97 - 46pts
97/98 - 44 pts
98/99 - 47pts
03/04 - 45pts
07/08 - 46pts

18/19 - 45pts

Looking like a pretty average season... presuming we lose the next 19 games

Back
Top Bottom