PL2 vs Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shame about the result tonight. Leicester were very physical, worked hard and pressed pretty effectively against us. We looked light, but more skillful... so I'm actually pretty optimistic that some of them will become useful for the First Team squad. Marcus Edwards has skill, can dribble, but he did struggle against their physicality. Plenty of potential though.

The crowd was decent for a U23 match but, when you consider that it was the penultimate match at WHL, I actually expected a far greater turn-out. I came along with my Dad as it is the last game he can make at WHL. Did Tottenham Star, Antwerp Arms and had a good walk around the area. I genuinely love Tottenham as a place and I'm just so glad that this will still be our home.

The original and best:

xKZAGWO.jpg

Shame about the result tonight. Leicester were very physical, worked hard and pressed pretty effectively against us. We looked light, but more skillful... so I'm actually pretty optimistic that some of them will become useful for the First Team squad. Marcus Edwards has skill, can dribble, but he did struggle against their physicality. Plenty of potential though.

The crowd was decent for a U23 match but, when you consider that it was the penultimate match at WHL, I actually expected a far greater turn-out. I came along with my Dad as it is the last game he can make at WHL. Did Tottenham Star, Antwerp Arms and had a good walk around the area. I genuinely love Tottenham as a place and I'm just so glad that this will still be our home.

The original and best:

xKZAGWO.jpg
Hah I'm in that photo. It was actually my first time at the Lane! This was my last opportunity to see the place before they knock it down since I haven't been able to get into a proper match. It was smaller than it looks on TV, and much colder (!), but still special to be there in person. Hopefully I can be a regular at the new WHL.

Also Edwards is magic, needs to get minutes next season.

I was very impressed with Sterling tonight and Glover looks like a good keeper, his judgement to come of his line which then lead to his red card was very poor though, which Im sure he has learnt from

The original and best:

xKZAGWO.jpg
I'm in that photo too:sonpoint:

Edwards wins a pen with nice skill AND coverts it

Wow, he really is tiny (dancer??)

Just think, if we don't score against Man Utd next weekend, that could well be the last goal scored at White Hart Lane... or at least the last Spurs goal (if it doesn't end 0-0!)

Glad it was yet another player of our future who scored it!

Leicester were very physical, worked hard and pressed pretty effectively against us. We looked light, but more skillful... so I'm actually pretty optimistic that some of them will become useful for the First Team squad. Marcus Edwards has skill, can dribble, but he did struggle against their physicality.
Good assessment, I didn't like the long high balls forward as the big Leicester defenders won them and their midfield picked up the returns putting pressure back on us. Toward the end they were carving us up. Was a joy to watch Marcus and worth the 200 mile round trip for him alone.

I'm glad the boy Edwards found it physically challenging. It will show him that he needs to toughen up.
I would like to have gone to this game and I am looking forward to watching him in the flesh.
What a player he is!

Back
Top Bottom