PFA Player Of The Year

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I will not agree to any team that does not include Dembele.

Have to add that I find it wrong to have the toty in a 4-4-2 when most teams play 4-2-3-1.

De gea

Walker
Alderweireld
Morgan
Rose

Kante
Dembele

Mahrez
Ozil
Payet

Kane

Lloris have been brilliant, but de Gea is all United have. Bellerin and Monreal not far behind for the RB and LB spots. Smalling, Huth, Vertonghen and van Dijk honerable mentions as CB. Dier has been great, and comes close, but Kante and Dembele have been better. Eriksen and Alli could've gotten the AMC position. Vardy closest to Kane, but ours have been better.
I don't think there's any way you can't include Vardy in the first X1 tbh.

-----------------------------------De Gea------------------------------
-------------Alderweireld-------Morgan--------Smalling-----
-------------------------------Kante----Alli----------------------------
-------Mahrez--------------------Ozil----------------------Payet---
------------------------------Kane-----Vardy---------------------------

I think that's the fairest X1. Bellerin and Rose have been excellent but neither have been more consistent than Smalling imo. The only other iffy one is maybe Dembele or Dier could be in there ahead of Alli? to me Alli gets in due to the amount of goals and it being his break out season.

I would 100% refute that Kane was awful. Not scoring doesn't instantly correlate with poor form.

I agree that it doesn't necessarily correlate. His being terrible had more to do with his overall contribution. He looked very clumsy, was desperate for goals (and therefor didn't pass the ball when he should), and had some facepalmingly horrendous attempts when he had chances.

Did a fantastic job digging himself out of that hole though.

Sorry but that just isn't in any way true. Kane may have had periods of not scoring, but he during those spells he was winning consistent praise for his broader team play and work rate. He's been immense all season. He just keeps going, whether things are dropping for him or not. His attitude, confidence, positivity, drive and determination are so very impressive. He has not had any periods of being in any way 'horrible'.

The God delusion.

I think that's the fairest X1. Bellerin and Rose have been excellent but neither have been more consistent than Smalling imo. The only other iffy one is maybe Dembele or Dier could be in there ahead of Alli? to me Alli gets in due to the amount of goals and it being his break out season.

If the team is set up as a 4-2-3-1, as it should (imo) since that's how the majority of teams play, there is one very good reason to not include Vardy: Kane.

The shortlist for the PFA Player of the Year gong has been made public, with Spurs hit-man Harry Kane one of the chosen six and Dele Alli in the running for the Young Player award.

Pochettino said: "I am very happy they recognise our season with Harry and Dele Alli and

I am sure a lot of players deserve to be recognised but more importantly we feel like a team."

CglD84rWsAAFGjS.jpg:large

These exercises are always ridiculous.
To get Vardy in the team you have invented a formation that no team I have ever seen plays ... unless you are going to claim that Mahrez and Payet are wing-backs.
Most teams play 4231 at the moment, which means 1 up top. That means choosing either Kane or Vardy, and that is a no brainer.

.........De Gea
RB? Toby Huth Rose
...Kante Dembele
Vardy Aguero Mahrez
............Kane

4-2-3-1 including the 3 best strikers and 3 best midfielders for me...Payet obviously deserves to be in any conversation (as does De Bruyne) but i've kinda shoehorned Vardy and Aguero in. Front lines of teams are so fluid now this could easily work.

RB is the only difficult one to choose. Walker and Simpson both have a credible shout, Bellarin has he really been that good? Clyne? Nobody has consistently performed at a top level to stand out above the others.

Poch has seemingly stopped Spurs players from attending the Awards Dinner on Sunday night due to us playing on Monday. Professional to the very end and am sure the players are all on board with it.

This is hilarious, the media has absolutely painted itself into a corner now by licking out Sterling and Viiiiiiirrg for an entire season, now they have to choose between 2 for player of year and they can’t win

Liverpool fans will host a series of demonstrations and memorial services if sterling wins as their saviour didn’t get it - superb

The pedestal they have put Sterling on as the one man to save the world from racism will also be shot to shit if he is “overlooked” too

Pull up a chair guys!!

tenor.gif

Sterling should win it. Really don't get the VVD love-in. The press pre-decided he was going to be 'awesome' for pool before he even moved there. Done nothing extraordinary for me. Sterling has improved massively this year.

I’d love to say Son should win it, but it’s so blatantly obvious that Sterling should win. VVD is a clunky, hoofy cunt that is somehow described as world class.

Sterling should win it. Really don't get the VVD love-in. The press pre-decided he was going to be 'awesome' for pool before he even moved there. Done nothing extraordinary for me. Sterling has improved massively this year.

VVD has been immense. Just look at how many goals they have conceded since he joined. Plus it's not his defensive ability but his leadership qualities. He is vocal, he organises, he motivates the cunts around him. Worth every penny of the crazy sum they paid imo. 20 goals conceded just this season in the PL. That's why they are at the top of the league.

VVD, Sterling, Mane and Son have been the standout performers for me

and Sissoko of course :pochsmirk:

Back
Top Bottom