PFA Player Of The Year

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never understood why this doesn't happen after the season is over Mane could score 8 goals including 4 dramatic late winners that wins liverpool the title between now and the end same goes for man of the match in the 85th minute when the most significant contributions often happen at the death.

Using both my own eyes and stats, VVD has been a stand out this season. I get the references to “hoof merchant” but I’d suggest he just knows when to clear his lines.

I also read recently that he’s yet to be dribbled past this season. He’s won every one on one he’s had to face. That’s just amazing. Shows not only his tackling expertise but his positional awareness too.

POTY by a country mile. Which is a shame because, well, fuck scousers.

Using both my own eyes and stats, VVD has been a stand out this season. I get the references to “hoof merchant” but I’d suggest he just knows when to clear his lines.

I also read recently that he’s yet to be dribbled past this season. He’s won every one on one he’s had to face. That’s just amazing. Shows not only his tackling expertise but his positional awareness too.

POTY by a country mile. Which is a shame because, well, fuck scousers.

He's been dribbled past about 4 or 5 times. People have posted vids all over twitter.

But the press still go with the same narrative that he hasn't been. Which goes to prove that you probably shouldn't believe everything you read. Especially when it comes to Liverpool.

Though that's pretty similar to Alderweireld, who is also rarely dribbled past due to his superb reading of the game.

VVD has had a great season, as have Liverpool in general. But I'd probably say a change in the way they play, additional personnel (Allison, Fabinho, Keita) are also a reason why they have the best defensive record in the league. In the same way that Alderweireld signing for us wasn't the reason alone our defensive record was the best for 2 years running but the fact our style was different and we put in defensively solid midfielders (Dier, Dembele, Wanyama) instead of relying on Mason and Bentaleb.

He's been dribbled past about 4 or 5 times. People have posted vids all over twitter.

But the press still go with the same narrative that he hasn't been. Which goes to prove that you probably shouldn't believe everything you read. Especially when it comes to Liverpool.

Though that's pretty similar to Alderweireld, who is also rarely dribbled past due to his superb reading of the game.

VVD has had a great season, as have Liverpool in general. But I'd probably say a change in the way they play, additional personnel (Allison, Fabinho, Keita) are also a reason why they have the best defensive record in the league. In the same way that Alderweireld signing for us wasn't the reason alone our defensive record was the best for 2 years running but the fact our style was different and we put in defensively solid midfielders (Dier, Dembele, Wanyama) instead of relying on Mason and Bentaleb.
As you say, just going on what I’ve read as I’ve not seen every one of his matches, so if the stat is wrong, fair enough. Always looked class when I have seen him though.

The official PFA Player Of The Year Nominations:

van Dijk
Aguero
Mane
Sterling
Hazard
Bernardo Silva.

No Son?

Also no young player either. I know Winks has had his injuries but thought he'd have done enough to be worthy of a nomination.

Interesting.

Don't think Son has been as good as those listed, personally.

Back
Top Bottom