Pav seeks move

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He has been awful this season, shame really as I want him to do well. Just hoping we get some strikers in January now.

i know what you mean thel, tbh i want them all to succeed, i am a hard man to please though.

his general demeanor just irks me no end. i do not think he has any ability imo, i just think he is very VERY lucky. sometimes it comes off, most times it doesn't.

Give him a few starts and he gets goals, not pretty to watch but it's true. I think his time has come now, we've improved as a team and he hasn't. Won't be sad to see him leave if he's sufficiently replaced.

The Europa League has shown us that of all the players Arry doesn't start, none of them are worthy of a place. The younger players look like good prospects though.

i agree, thing is, bent used to score goals given a run of games, and no-one took to him, and he imo is better than pav. just not suited to spurs, although not that i rate bent, i just think pav is a baby giraffe. pav reminds me of dzeko, i think he's dog shit as well.

the young'uns certainly are good. they make pav look even shitter!

think you may be right there old bean.

must say that so far kane hasn't really impressed me anything like carroll and townsend (albeit they maybe a little bit older). but kane hasn't looked THAT good. however, there must be something there as he is the one who gets the rave reviews in the youth/reserve games. so i'm happy to wait and see him develop over a longer period of time.

pav does not help. he doesn't ever seem to be on anyones wavelength ever. this is what i mean, out of nowhere he'll score a mad goal, usually from nothing. usually he can barely hit the target. for an international centre forward his shooting and finishing is fucking dreadful. he would do better swinging his cock at the ball than his feet.

when i see his name in the first 11, my heart just drops and i all of a sudden just feel utter sadness. you know that if a midfielder doesn't pop up with a goal, no-one is going to score.

"Ball?!? Why you no go in net, Ball?!?" Pav seeks move as if Pav has say in matter.

He's always been gone in January. You get your move then, Comrade. Sure hope we haven't been priced out of the Leandro Damiao move. We get him and our quality team goes beast-mode. :rock:

regardless of his abilities, he needs replacing. I can't think of any decent strikers we're likely to get if Damiao goes elsewhere.

he does yes, and probably +1 more imo. i say this as if we get damiao (which i must say i'm quite enthusiastic about), you don't know how much time it may take for him to settle. ade we should look at say after xmas and see how he continues to get on, as he was a bit shit against the scum, but to be fair, most of them were.

pav leaving still makes me feel pretty good.

My face when I saw this thread title

406755323.png

Leandro: 37 goals in all competitions... excuse, I just messed my pants
Pav: ummmm, want me to drive you to the airport, comrade?

I like Pav, but the club's ambitions are beyond his abilities. Here's a guy who can make the most astonishing misses and manage to look clueless in a squad that has got to be top 12 in the world (that's right I said it). Yet, we all know he is capable of the sublime on a rare occassion and nobody points at the name on the back of his jersey like Pav. I think Spurs are only a few moves away. No reason to hold back now, Mr. Levy.

Goals for the spring transfer window:
1. LEANDRO DAMIAO IN / Pavlyuchenko out
2. Any upgrade at CB over Bassong for cover / Bassong out (to be fair not a bad 5th choice CB)
3. Figure out a way to keep ADEBAYOR beyond this season
4. Continue to lay the groundwork for a top young GK prospect to arrive in the future.

If we can accomplish these things and keep our current players - we are there! Top 4 will be ours to lose and we're going to make Chelsea sweat.

Well said.

But Kaboul is also flirting about a move to PSG recently. I'd love to keep Kaboul because he's a good squad player and he's versatile, but I understand when he looks at the squad and he's currently sitting 4th in the pecking order for CB. I'd say shift off Bassong and bring in another young CB that is fine with not playing every game, if Kaboul wants a move let him have it out of goodwill and bring Caulker back into the team in the summer. With Ledley and Gallas aging rapidly, we're going to have to make defense a focus in the next couple of windows.

Let's wait a couple more months until we start to talk about keeping Adebayor long term. I think he looks great in a Spurs shirt, though.

Back
Top Bottom