Paulo Gazzaniga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gazziniga good enough to replace Lloris as 1st choice keeper?

• yes

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • no

Votes: 83 57.2%

• Total voters
It's a safe signing. Probably didn't cost a lot of money, probably won't play a lot of games, probably content to spend the next few years as a 3rd choice goalkeeper and Pochettino and Jimenez know him well so I'm sure he will be adequate backup to our backup. Welcome to Spurs Paulo.
Didn't he have the best years of his career under Poch and Toni?

Maybe they think that if they built him, they can repair him?

Didn't he have the best years of his career under Poch and Toni?

Maybe they think that if they built him, they can repair him?

I can't see him pushing the other GKs we have but you never know he might mature at a time that asks questions of them. Either way I'm sure Poch and Jimenez know what they are getting with him after having him previously. His experience having already played in the Premiership makes him a sound choice and let's be honest, if Hugo or Mich get injured at any point and we never got a 3rd choice in, we'd all see it as reckless and not needed so he's a wise choice to get in

Odd signing if we've paid any kind of money. Id rather see us give the likes of McGee etc a chance, but there you go. Hopefully he gets a run of games in the "EFL Cup" or whatever theyve decided to call it now and shows us what he can do. Poch/Toni know him well enough to decide to sign him so ill go with their judgement.

I can't see him pushing the other GKs we have but you never know he might mature at a time that asks questions of them. Either way I'm sure Poch and Jimenez know what they are getting with him after having him previously. His experience having already played in the Premiership makes him a sound choice and let's be honest, if Hugo or Mich get injured at any point and we never got a 3rd choice in, we'd all see it as reckless and not needed so he's a wise choice to get in
Both Michy and Hugo aren't getting any younger either so he is probably a long term investment even if it is as a career second choicer

Both Michy and Hugo aren't getting any younger either so he is probably a long term investment even if it is as a career second choicer

5 year contract I believe. He covers 3rd choice now and potentially 2nd choice later down the line with every opportunity available to him to become first choice if he leaves the coaching staff with no choice based on how he's performing. Signing him gets a big thumbs up from me

vIf0lAD.gif

Some classic Gillingham stuff here too (from 2012).

Looks like he's got really good technique with his passing and vision, so maybe other weaknesses can be worked on by Toni?

Another factor in this signing is brought up in Paulo's video interview. He wants to learn under Michy and Hugo. He knows that he has two of the best goalies in the PL to learn from now as well as Toni and Poch. Whereas in Southampton he had Forster basically.

Let's give him a chance to grow with us.

Back
Top Bottom