Paulo Gazzaniga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gazziniga good enough to replace Lloris as 1st choice keeper?

• yes

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • no

Votes: 83 57.2%

• Total voters
Seems like a decent signing to me. He's 25yrs old, 4yrs experience of being in England and playing in Prem, has 21 premiere league appearances, 20 competitive league 2 games under his belt, for Gillingham. Making him far more experienced than McGee. Jordan Pickford is just 2yrs younger and has played, bar 2 games season before last, only 1 year experience in PL having played just 9 more games than him. And he's our THRID FUCKING CHOICE FFS! Unless people think we should be signing Buffon as our 3rd choice. Fucking Hell!

Seems like a decent signing to me. He's 25yrs old, 4yrs experience of being in England and playing in Prem, has 21 premiere league appearances, 20 competitive league 2 games under his belt, for Gillingham. Making him far more experienced than McGee. Jordan Pickford is just 2yrs younger and has played, bar 2 games season before last, only 1 year experience in PL having played just 9 more games than him. And he's our THRID FUCKING CHOICE FFS! Unless people think we should be signing Buffon as our 3rd choice. Fucking Hell!
I am a bit concerned that our young keepers don't make it through.
Maybe they just ain't good enough to be third choice.
We have got a decent keeping coach too haven't we.
Gazzaniga won't be playing much in the PL so his experience stops here.
Lopez had top flight experience and did pretty well . 7 clean sheets in 36 games one season. Diego Lopez kept 11 for them last.
Gazzaniga has played since 12/13 and had 21 apps over 4 seasons and kept 2 clean sheets.
Lopez never got a game.

Last edited:
I am a bit concerned that our young keepers don't make it through.
Maybe they just ain't good enough to be third choice.
We have got a decent keeping coach too haven't we.
Gazzaniga won't be playing much in the PL so his experience stops here.
Lopez had top flight experience and did pretty well . 7 clean sheets in 36 games one season.
Gazzaniga has played since 12/13 and had 21 apps over 4 seasons and kept 2 clean sheets.
Lopez never got a game.
We are talking about 3rd choice keeper here, to be honest mate it's barely worth our breath. loris is one of the best keepers in the World, Vorm would be first choice from 7th placed team down! Never ever saw Lopez play so can't say he's any good or not but on paper this chap is more experienced, been in England for 4yrs and has played in the PL FWIW. I's say that ain't to bad for a keeper we will probably never see play.

Whats the deal with this guy, are we actually buying him?
Can't believe we would actually pay 2 mil for a 3rd choice keeper (and not even a good one), especially considering how tight things are meant to be. There are hundreds of free agents keepers that could do the job, such as given, turnbull, lindergaard. Even a youth keeper.

Back
Top Bottom