Paulo Gazzaniga

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Is Gazziniga good enough to replace Lloris as 1st choice keeper?

• yes

Votes: 49 73.1%
  • no

Votes: 18 26.9%

• Total voters
I’m a huge fan of Gazzaniga and I don’t think it’s outrageous to claim he’s capable of being our #1 keeper. We could make a good bit selling Lloris to address other holes.

Register to remove

Had to dig this gorgeous man’s thread out of page 4. Think that shows just how well he’s doing as our #2.

He’s got solid distribution, makes vital saves and has big beautiful blue eyes.

Does Hugo walk back in ?

Gazza and Hugo have both started 9 games this season now - with Gazza also coming off the bench once to concede 2 more away to Brighton.

Hugo: Played 9 / Conceded 17 (1.88 pg) / Clean Sheets 1
Gazza: Played 10 / Conceded 9 (0.9 pg) / Clean Sheets 3

I'm not sure Hugo should take his place back in goal purely on recovering from injury, and don't think Mourinho will fancy his mistakes either.

krissper

Sun on the face
He can be a no1 for us. Lloris has proven unstable and now is a good time to have a change. The fact he is France first pick says more about their options than his quality imo.

There's no way is Gazzaniga our new number one.

He's done nothing special. He hasn't done a thing in a match that makes you think "wow, we wouldn't have got anything out of that game without him"

Register to remove

He’s a good second keeper and that’s all he is. Not only did he chuck one in the net today but his kicking was terrible too.

That first goal destroyed our game plan, he simply has to save that. He made some TV saves later in the game but they don’t make up for conceding from their first shot.

One significant mistake and two superb saves.

The GKs may not be our top strength, but I think we should stick with him and Loris for at least another season and spend money in other areas, starting from a DM

Airfixx

"A spoonful of sugar..."
One significant mistake and two superb saves.

The GKs may not be our top strength, but I think we should stick with him and Loris for at least another season and spend money in other areas, starting from a DM
If we can get that German lad for free though, the time is now.

Until then....
Gazz = Vorm < Lloris

Should have done better with the first goal - much better actually. But our defence was almost as non existent as our midfield last night and can hardly inspire confidence in the keeper. There was one instance in second half where he didn’t know whether to come or stay and I was sure it was number 3 incoming.

Airfixx

"A spoonful of sugar..."
Should have done better with the first goal - much better actually. But our defence was almost as non existent as our midfield last night and can hardly inspire confidence in the keeper. There was one instance in second half where he didn’t know whether to come or stay and I was sure it was number 3 incoming.
Good shout.... I recall it vividly

Top Bottom