Paul Mitchell resigns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because his career is built on being a finder of great talent. If a club doesn't sign that talent and his discovery vindicated, how does his reputation build?
We are never going to sign players who just want the money, he should know this and know that if we do sign one of his recommendations then they are coming because they want to play for the club, then its a win win, his rep is enhanced. If he is upset about Batshuayi well its obvious he is a mercenary prick who deserves all he gets at the Chavs and does not deserve to be at Spurs, get over it and move on or in this case resign.

I say one thing is totally clear on all of this, as per usual, the press are cnuts, clueless and make up all sorts of shite for each other to copy. Lets not slate the bloke when in all honesty none of us know the scope of his role and the level he performed it too. We're imploding here, for all we know he has set-up a really good department and passed the mantle so he can move on to progress her career.

The day we stop singing the like of Dier is the day I worry. If Vincent turns into a 25+ goals a season player then I would say this is another example of a shrewd transfer policy. A big 'IF' but I would rather be watching Skysports hearing "Wow and only for a few Million" rather than "He's just not living up to his fee" every game. That would be depressing...

I think what we wanted was the "system" from Southampton, e.g. database structure, software and process. Maybe Mitchell´s main role was to help us build and implement such a system and now that it has been designed and implemented his value is greater elsewhere ?

I think the worry is that we signed a lot of duff players only a few years ago. Some were for low fees and we do not want to return to those days. it is not how much we pay that is important but the quality of the player and will he fit into our system, have the right attitude etc. we need to get a good replacement for Mitchell and hope he does not encourage his new club to buy players we are tracking.

I think the worry is that we signed a lot of duff players only a few years ago. Some were for low fees and we do not want to return to those days. it is not how much we pay that is important but the quality of the player and will he fit into our system, have the right attitude etc. we need to get a good replacement for Mitchell and hope he does not encourage his new club to buy players we are tracking.

In theory you'd think most clubs are tracking players we're watching. It's hardly a case of scouts not noticing players. Remember the Dippers had got to Alli first and baulked at the £5m asking price that MK Dons quoted. Any half decent gem of a player will have more than one scout watching them. Unless it's Monchi, I'm sure we can get a replacement for Mitchell.

Mitchell more than likely going to be offered a bigger role elsewhere that is more than scouting players. Man looks for new challenge is hardly going to sell papers or clicks.

Lyall Thomas indirectly works for Rupert Murdoch and makes up football transfers rumors for a living. When is an old man, facing death head on, he will have to deal with these facts... He is also a bellend.

paddy spur paddy spur Interesting that you disagree about Mitchell with Son's recruitment. Do you think he was an unknown or what?
Never ment to disagree I think your right glorified scouts the lot of them. Levy also too hands on, so a proper FD gets squeezed between a proper chairman and a proper manger. That's why levy goes through FD quicker than za za gabour got through hubands

Never ment to disagree I think your right glorified scouts the lot of them. Levy also too hands on, so a proper FD gets squeezed between a proper chairman and a proper manger. That's why levy goes through FD quicker than za za gabour got through hubands
I can't think of a club that has a strong manager, chairman/owner and sporting director. There's always one of those three who's more of a background figure.

At Spurs, that background person is going to generally be the DoF, it seems. If you're the DoF, I can see how that would be frustrating. I can also see why it wouldn't change.

There is some relevance to Mitchell leaving and alrhough we don't know the full story it is hard to believe this won't damage Pochettino's relationship with Levy.

If as reported Mitchell's attempts at bringing in players has been stifled by Levy then either it is a breakdown in communication, trust or possibly both.

Director of football/chief scouts or whatever you want to call them are important.

We need players and I guess Pochettino had confidence in Mitchell to identify the right type of player.

Maybe Mitchell has been offered more money elsewhere and a greater say in dealings.

Back
Top Bottom