Pau López

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Barry Fry came out this week to confirm that he was trying to buy Luke McGee, he also said we were signing a keeper. The fact we get Lopez, doesn't mean we lose Vorm. At the moment it looks more like Lopez is coming in for McGee.

Barry Fry came out this week to confirm that he was trying to buy Luke McGee, he also said we were signing a keeper. The fact we get Lopez, doesn't mean we lose Vorm. At the moment it looks more like Lopez is coming in for McGee.
Yeah if Poch thinks Pau is upto standard then fair play, but genuinely Vorm could be first choice in most prem squads, exceptional to have him as second choice and he seems happy which is good

Barry fry asked levy if he can have Luke on a free transfer and get a huge chunk of any sell on fee once they are done with him. Anyone reckon levy will let him go for nothing???

'First steps already taken' for Tottenham to purchase player, agreement by end of month - Sport Witness

Pau Lopez to Tottenham Hotspur rumbles on, with Spanish newspaper Sport reporting updates frequently from the Espanyol side of the story. Before today the most recent slant had been that everything is on the verge of being agreed, and any disagreements will all get sorted out in the wash.

That hasn’t changed a great deal, but, despite an assumption it would all be sorted out by now, there’s still no agreement, say Sport. Tottenham have for a while wanted to negotiate down their buying option of €7m, although their commitment to keeping Pau beyond the summer hasn’t changed.

Sport say that whilst ‘first steps are already taken’ on Pau to Tottenham ‘for now, there’s is no agreement’. The intention of all parties is that things are agreed before the end of the month.

Screen-Shot-2017-05-15-at-07.13.36-300x175.png
That’s very important for Espanyol, who have already earmarked the money from Tottenham to buy Diego Lopez permanently from AC Milan.

As long as everything is agreed, Pau Lopez is expected to become Tottenham’s second choice behind Hugo Lloris, which would suggest Michel Vorm is about to leave the club.

Tottenham purchase of player 'being negotiated', Levy expected to secure deal within week - Sport Witness

Pau Lopez to Tottenham Hotspur seems to continually creep forward, with the occasionaly big jump backwards. Each time it gets to the stage where all that seems missing is an announcement, then sure enough a setback comes and the creeping forward starts once again.

Mauricio Pochettino and Toni Jimenez brought the young goalkeeper from their previous club Espanyol. The original deal was a one season loan, with Tottenham then being able to buy the player for €7m.

There’s a €500k fee payable should Spurs not sign Pau permanently. Last week we covered claims from Spain that Tottenham’s latest offer is just €2m, and whilst that was much less than expected, there’s still been confidence a deal will be agreed soon.

Screen-Shot-2017-05-23-at-15.15.05-300x211.png

Around the same time, Sport reported that everything is expected to be sorted before the end of May, which gives Daniel Levy a week to sort out what were called the ‘final details’ with Espanyol.

Today’s edition of Sport says the transfer is still ‘being negotiated’, which is better than everyone storming away from talks.

In other Espanyol news, the deal to sign Diego Lopez permanently is one the verge of being done. Again.

Last edited:
Is this the end for Vorm... or can we really juggle three and keep them all happy?? :llorishowudoin:
Vorm doesn't get many games as it is, and Pau will want/need a go.

Shame, as I really like Vorm. It leaves me torn, as I want him to stay but I feel like he deserves to be number 1 somewhere if not with us.

Points taken, I guess I'm just still in awe of some of the saves Gazzaniga made.
I think Gazzaniga can become pretty good to be fair, very good with his feet, is tall and must have e something about him for Poch and Toni to want him, probably a project for them

Read somewhere when he was at Gillingham all prem scouts were watching him

Watch now in a year or 2 we will win the CL with Gazza in goal

Back
Top Bottom