Pau López

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know where your coming from but Mcgee isn't the level we require, remember Pau was in the Spain squad not so long ago, and seems like Poch hand chose this guy
Yes fair point, quality isn't the same but with Vorm as second choice our third choice could be a youth player in my eyes from our own academy?
If Vorm was to leave then I'd say Lopez would be a great signing, at the moment I feel if he was to come permanently he'd need to make a decision on playing for Academy side or being loaned out?

Pau is up there in the 'zone of confusion'.

That is, a pool of players that Poch clearly wants and rates, but doesn't play for some odd reason.

Which both suggests two things:

a) Poch will definitely be here next season
b) Either Hugo or Michel won't
As mentioned many times in this thread it does look like a Poch picked player, I didn't know much about him before he joined but he was an outstanding keeper in La Liga the year before, made the most saves if I'm correct to, if any keeper goes it will be Vorm, Lloris signed until 2022 and is our captain, no chance he leaves this summer

As mentioned many times in this thread it does look like a Poch picked player, I didn't know much about him before he joined but he was an outstanding keeper in La Liga the year before, made the most saves if I'm correct to, if any keeper goes it will be Vorm, Lloris signed until 2022 and is our captain, no chance he leaves this summer

Many players sign a contract before they leave. It's not illogical to think he might leave.

Goalkeepers are generally four or so years behind outfield players in development etc. They mature later and they last longer like a good Parmesan! At his age he should be happy to be on the fringes of a top team.
And now he gets a chance to show what he can do.
Donnarumma:sonhmm:

Last edited:
Donnarumma

The whole thing is a bit outdated.

At Pau Lopez age, Casillas was incredible. De Gea was one of the best goalkeepers in world football. Same with Cortois.

Like you say, Donnarruma. Also Lafont, Scuffet, Pickford all showing they're comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom