Pau López

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PAU LOPEZ FIRST INTERVIEW – ‘A DREAM MOVE’ 9 September 2016 - Video - tottenhamhotspur.com

Mauricio on Pau

“He’s another young player, but with a lot of experience because last season he played a lot of games in La Liga with Espanyol. It was a good opportunity to bring him to the Club and he’s a player with the possibility to become a very good goalkeeper. I explained my intentions for bringing him in, he agreed and we are happy we have three very good goalkeepers.”

Seems very much driven by Poch to get him, looking forward to see what he can do, still very young though
He worked with him at Espanyol supposedly

Read an article in him this week where the guy talking about him said his biggest attribute is how well him bounces back after a mistake! Lol just what u want to hear.

On the plus side tho he did say he's not very good on the deck so every cloud!
:roflmao:

Right, mate. No need to be a proper bellend. Quacks like a septic, must be a septic, innit? Blimey.
:dempsey:
You're sounding more English already! Like it. :dierpochhug:

(Didn't mean it to come across cunty if it did. It's just one of those Americanisms I can't stand when used in reference to Soccer).:levywhoa:

So the club (and Lopez) are acting like this is really a permanent move, right?
The rumours being that we have an option to buy after a year or something.

I mean, it doesn't really make sense otherwise (not that it made a huge amount of sense anyway with Vorm playing well as backup).

Squad depth is not to be scoffed at though.

So the club (and Lopez) are acting like this is really a permanent move, right?
The rumours being that we have an option to buy after a year or something.

I mean, it doesn't really make sense otherwise (not that it made a huge amount of sense anyway with Vorm playing well as backup).

Squad depth is not to be scoffed at though.

Whenever you have an opportunity to get a third choice GK you have to jump at the chance!

:pochsmirk:

#WhereDaFuqIsHe?

:kanehand:
He is being assimilated into the squad, he is present every single match day, home and away. We did the same with CCV (McGee too). Biggest difference is he doesn't speak a word of English.
I doubt we will see him next year too. Unless there is some serious sales negotiations with Lloris &/or Vorm that are being worked behind the scenes.

He is being assimilated into the squad, he is present every single match day, home and away. We did the same with CCV (McGee too). Biggest difference is he doesn't speak a word of English.
I doubt we will see him next year too. Unless there is some serious sales negotiations with Lloris &/or Vorm that are being worked behind the scenes.

Was he not in the first team at Espanyol? Seems odd

Was he not in the first team at Espanyol? Seems odd
It's not the norm agreed. He isn't ours yet too, still on loan.

Who knows what the deal is here. We might be doing a favour for Espanyol, developing a keeper as we have an eye on one or more of their players. Maybe Poch is building a relationship between the two clubs for our academy players to go out on loan there and visa versa. We have a partnership with Roda JC Kerkrade in the Eredivisie and it's fair to say that is an abject failure, probably because they don't play a style of football that Poch is happy with our lads going over there. Poch has strong links with them having played, Captained and Managed them. He took the squad over there to train last year (or was it the year before?).

One pattern that is emerging, is that if Poch loans you then you are out and if he likes you then you train with the first team. If there is something going on here I'd prefer a partnership with Espanyol than with Ronda (whoever the fuck they are).

It could of course just be a loan ahead of a pre-agreed purchase for a very young goalkeeper who had reservations going to London as he didn't speak a word of English, so we made it easy for him to try it out, to see if he settled. He has already said were it not for Poch (and coaching staff) he would be here.

So Lloris and Vorm have now signed new contracts.... what we gonna do with Lopez?
I think this is still all part of a longer term plan. Wouldn't be surprised if the Vorm signing is to maintain his value going into next summer where he might well be sold - bet he wants to move for regular first team football while age is still on his side.

Edit: as spursmalc just pointed out, Vorm's extension isn't very long, and so is probably similar to the recent "well fuck it, we might as well get something for you" Tommy Carroll contract.

Back
Top Bottom