Parker Injury

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why have we waited until now to operate on Scotty? :wall: If he'd gone under the knife straight after the Euros he could've had a shot at making the start of the season. Is this a case of the medics expecting the injury to heal itself and it turning out to be more severe than diagnosed, or just poor planning?

:parker:

Errr...

"Enter the Sandro"

As long as he doesn't get injured at the Olympics he will be match fit and ready to go. I'm hoping to see him getting ahead of Parker in the line-up this season anyway.

No offence Scotty, love you xxx

I tremble with fear whenever Parker doesn't start. It isn't even as if he's that great tbh,he's a headless chicken...but he's such a damn fine headless chicken,must be the most annoying fucker to play against cos you think you've got past him then he's back there snapping at your heels again. I'd want him on my side more than any other player cos you just know he will work his bollocks off twice,thrice then once more.fuckin damn shame we didn't sign him 10 years ago

Just watch the THudd-Sandro killer combo go in early season... they're gonna rip the Premiership a new one!!

Modric & Parker...? meh, who needs 'em!!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... es?cc=4716

Parker set for six weeks on sidelines

August 2, 2012

Email
Print
By ESPN staff

Scott Parker is facing six weeks on the sidelines, following confirmation the Tottenham midfielder will undergo surgery next week.

Parker has been struggling with a problem in his Achilles since the end of last season. He was able to battle through Euro 2012 for England, but he returned to pre-season with Spurs still in discomfort.

Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas said last week that Parker would visit his doctor for a thorough assessment, with the club hopeful but not positive that he might not require surgery.

But those hopes have been dashed, with Parker set to go under the knife in the middle of next week.

A six-week recovery period has been forecasted, meaning Parker will miss Spurs' Premier League opener with Newcastle on August 18 and in all probability England's World Cup qualifiers with Moldova and Ukraine on September 7 and 11 respectively.

The hidden plus in that quote is that AVB is indicating Parker is in his plans. There was some concern amongst fans that he would not feature in AVB's playing style.

It is a blow, if for no other reason than his influence on and off the pitch. Sandro and Dembele have been great together but we have seen what happens when you have a player in that role play so often.

It is such a delicate injury, age doesn't help, of course but for anyone it is a problematic place to pick up an injury.

Back
Top Bottom