Our signings since Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who are your top 3 signings

• Kieran Trippier

• Christian Eriksen

• Juan Foyth

• Toby Alderweirald

• Paulo Gazzanigga

• Dele Ali

• Paulinho

• Son Heung-Min

• Roberto Soldado

• Davinson Sanchez

• Fernando Llorente

• Davinson Sanchez

• Vladimir Chireches

• Erik Lamella

• Eric Dier

• Serge Aurier

• Ettienne Capou

• Gerge Kevin N'koudu

• Lucas Moura

• Victor Wanyama

• Kevin Wimmer

• Michel Vorm

• Moussa Sissoko

• Ben Davies

• Nacer Chadli

Results are only viewable after voting.

John Thomas

THFC property and leisure inc
So, in the days when we used to take part in transfer windows, and since we cashed in on Gareth Bale, we've made a total of 30 signings.

So the question: Using any criteria you wish, who's been our best one. If it's a tough call, no problem. You get two votes.

The format only allows me to list 25, so I've left out the obvious dross like Stambouli, Janssen, N'jie, Fazio, and Yedlin. Although it's still left plenty of room for some propper whoppers, as you can see.
In fact I'd bet over half don't get a single vote.

So. Vote away. Lets see who takes the crown of best signing since Bale

Edit: should read top 2 signings but I can't correct it for some reason

Had it been a three vote then I would have gone Eriksen too.
I thought about 3 votes, as you can see. But decided 2 votes would make everyone think a bit more before deciding who to go for. Giving a more accurate and deserving winner. 3 vote would have been too easy.

So, in the days when we used to take part in transfer windows, and since we cashed in on Gareth Bale, we've made a total of 30 signings.

So the question: Using any criteria you wish, who's been our best one. If it's a tough call, no problem. You get two votes.

The format only allows me to list 25, so I've left out the obvious dross like Stambouli, Janssen, N'jie, Fazio, and Yedlin. Although it's still left plenty of room for some propper whoppers, as you can see.
In fact I'd bet over half don't get a single vote.

So. Vote away. Lets see who takes the crown of best signing since Bale

Edit: should read top 2 signings but I can't correct it for some reason

Poll says top 3 signings !

Might have been better to go for Top 6 signings as some decent players in the list, in no order - Eriksen, Alderweireld, Dele, Son, Moura and Dier might have been my choices, and some might have included the likes of Sanchez, Gazanigga Sissoko and even Chadli, leaving few to include most of the rest, although inevitably the injury prone Lamela will have his supporters.

Eriksen, Toby and Dele.

Honourable mention to;

mX7lip.gif

Last edited:
Poll says top 3 signings !

Might have been better to go for Top 6 signings as some decent players in the list, in no order - Eriksen, Alderweireld, Dele, Son, Moura and Dier might have been my choices, and some might have included the likes of Sanchez, Gazanigga Sissoko and even Chadli, leaving few to include most of the rest, although inevitably the injury prone Lamela will have his supporters.
Too easy. See above. We'd have 2 or 3 players on 100%

Toby definitely the top one - a solid defence is so, so important and he's been crucial to that. Second is actually much harder, but I'd go for Dele - so talented, at such a young age, he's someone who could be crucial to us for a very long time and also benefitted the squad with some much-needed tenacity. He's a very Poch-style player.

Eriksen, Toby, Dier, Dele and Son have all, at one point or another, been worth a massively inflated market price from where we bought them, akin to a Bale situation.

Dier's form and Toby's contract have seen them leave that status for the time being, so I'd go with Eriksen, Dele and Son.

Back
Top Bottom