Our midfield (multiple stats)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

• Lennon, to be honest I'm not his biggest fan - he needs to get more shots away however his chances created stat is good with close to 2 clear cut chances created per 90 minutes and his link-up play in the final third is similar to Eriksen's. Although he is known for his dribbling his success rate so far has been poor (38%) and for someone like Lennon to only have 1.4 successful dribbles per game it's rather odd. People then mention his defensive attributes but with the worst succesful tackle rate of all the midfielders (0.9 per 90 minutes) and rather low defensive stats all round I don't see it. Perhaps a "tracks back" stat is required here.

I hope I didn't bore too many of you. If you got this far, well done. I won't be proof reading!
thank you for taking the time to do this
The Lennon stuff intrigues me, if you believed in the stats you might not pick him - yet his impact on the opposition with the ball at his feet is the most telling because they recognise the potential damage he can do - and stats don't mention the "brown trouser" impact he has, or the resources committed to defending against him (and the space that frees up)
Neither does it provide a figure for the electricity that runs through the crowd when you see him run at a defence, or the joy at seeing him do that thing he does............

I love how the two people who absolutely loath stats are the last two people who have replied even though the thread title should have kept them away

Closet stat lovers?

:townhmm:

Back
Top Bottom