Our Fig Tree

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

yes we made top 4, we get to CL final, but we could have won the league, we were so close but bottled it, as the manager and team have done in these past seasons
for me Glorious Failure was under Pleat when I feel we were so close to challenging, But under Poch I just feel we could have got there but they all bottled it when it mattered

I've got a fig tree in my garden. It gives me fruit, but it always promises far more than it delivers. Many fruits remain unripe.

Sometime soon I have to go into the garden and knock all the little figs off the growing spurs - the ones that didn't make it to ripeness this year, to give next year's figs a good start. Then I'll give it a thoughtful, gentle pruning, to improve its shape.

I'm going to rename my tree Spurs.

Edit - Pochettino needs a bowl of figs in his office, not lemons.

Last edited:
So if it wasn't Sissoko's fault he stuck his arm out at 45º in the penalty area just a few yards from a bloke about to cross in the 26th fucking second, whose was it? I get a flashback every time I see a player tuck his hands behind his back in the same circumstances.

Yes it wasn't a pen against Sissoko but was given and we were 1-0 behind. We had 88 mins to play so plenty of time but we did F all. I don't blame Sissoko or the ref, it's how games go sometimes. How many times we have come from behind to win matches! We couldn't do it in Madrid, poor display and were let down badly. In fact, I stopped watching the match after final whistle, never watched the highlights to date, I enjoyed the amazing run to the finals but haven't bothered after the final. IMO no one remembers runners up.
It's one thing Poch puts me off when he keeps saying we reached the cl final. The players got losers medal and the trophy went to liverpool.

Back
Top Bottom