Opinions on Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

just finished listening to the last 3 podcast and for the most part agree with the lads.

however, flav seems to have a bit of hard on for levy, yes he's slashed the cash in recent season, but in my mind he looking at the bigger ENIC corporate structure. Spurs do well, he does well and is off to bigger (and more importanly better paid) things. And the way the board treated Jol still sticks in my throat. Legend or likable dutch stoner, either way his sacking was fucking disgusting!!! Told by his son during the game! And for what... fucking Ramos! Two top 5 finishes and the least goals conceded since '71, Ramos's win in the league cup was with Jol's team.

I agree that 'Arry wasn't my first choice for manager and he does love his own brand, but you can't knock the way he's got the team playing, but after a ramble I guess my point is levy ain't all that and I'm not sure he cares about the team the way fans do.

It could be worse, we could be fucking Utd in massives of debt or City owned by some cunt who does even know where your team is, but I'd be wary of saying Levy has our best interest at heart.

I think you've answered your own question there.

You're right to say that Levy could go higher in the ENIC tree, or maybe be rewarded better for his work with us. Taking that into account, I'm sure he has the clubs best interests at heart. The more successful we are, the more he is.

I like him a lot and think he deserves credit for the work he does. He has made mistakes, but who hasn't?

fair play, we've all made mistakes (a fat bird or two i'd like too forget about... or maybe not,... ). But I just don't trust he's got the best best interest of the club at heart... stratford!! Please, West Ham are our feeder club!

cliveallenismydad said:
fair play, we've all made mistakes (a fat bird or two i'd like too forget about... or maybe not,... ). But I just don't trust he's got the best best interest of the club at heart... stratford!! Please, West Ham are our feeder club!
I personally don't believe the move to Stratford was ever an option, more of a bargaining chip to gain compulsory purchases, planning permissions and public funding if we agreed to walk away.

To be fair, I'm not talking from knowing this, just an opinion.

For me Levy is on Par with Scotty.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :lolpoint: :lolpoint: :lolpoint: :lolpoint: :hi5: :hi5: :hi5: :hi5: :winner: :winner: :winner: :winner: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :excited: :excited: :excited: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

He's like an exceptional David Cameron. Had to clear up loads of shit from the previous regime, but has actually made things 100x better

Levy is as much responsible for the current team as Harry is. I loved Jol, and the way he was treated was incorrect, but it happens in football... and he has made up for it. The move to Stratford was less forgivable, but things have worked out

Most of all he listens to his manager (signing Parker). We're lucky to have him.

We are very lucky to have Levy indeed. I am suprised anyone would debate this. I honestly thought I wouldnt see us in the CL with the way the top 4 was so geared towards staying the top 4, we have broken that up whilst having less resourses. Its been a continuous upward curve since he joined and I for one hopes he sticks aruond for some time to come.

You will always have some people who arent happy though - but you have to remember for all our fortunes on the pitch we have a supposed world class training facility on the way and hopefully a new stadium too.

he's made some mistakes for sure but he is, imo, the best chairman in English Football - i don't think anyone is as well run as we are and he is maximizing our potential off the field.

moving to the Olympic site would have destroyed all that for me it has to be said but im still clinging to the belief that it was a non goer from the start and Levy knew this

Levy is one of the few corporate people who you'd want in such a high-power position at the club you love. He's learnt from mistakes, he's made very canny acquisitions (managerial & otherwise), he's not 'backdoored' the manager at any point & he stays silent for the most part. Yes, he has ENIC's interests at heart & they are looking to sell - eventually. But the good news is that the squad can go from strength to strength & they aren't even dreaming of moving on before we've got a new stadium.

However, as soon as the stadium is built, I can see ENIC moving on very quickly. The club's stock will never be higher than in a 65,000 seater stadium before a ball has been kicked in it. For now, though, Levy's our guy & we're lucky to have him.

Levy is da fooking man

sure there's probably a bigger picture an all but he's been here a long time now and hasn't done us wrong yet, he's done nothing but try to better the club over his years in charge

deserves mad respect for not selling out to that russian cunt when he came sniffing

Back
Top Bottom