Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Champs league is back :)

I reckon we line up something like this:

LLoris
Aurier---- Toby----Jan---Davies
Ndombele---Winks
Son----Dele---- Eriksen
Kane
- Rose has to be rotated at some point and I think this would be a good game to do it
- Ndombele was eased in today and reckon he will be ready to start Wed
- Eriksen, Son and Kane are certs and I think Dele gets the nod over Lucas and Lamela

...Lucas starting is a given surely?

--------------LLoris-----------------
--------Ndombele---Dier---------
----Lucas----Eriksen---- Dele----
----------------Kane-----------------

- Is Aurier ready for 2 games in quick succession?
- Is Dier fully fit?

....If not we could end up seeing:

--------------LLoris-----------------
KWP---- Toby----Jan----Davies
--------Ndombele---Winks-------
----Lucas----Eriksen---- Dele----
----------------Kane-----------------

LLoris
Ndombele---Winks
Son----Dele---- Eriksen
Kane
- Rose has to be rotated at some point and I think this would be a good game to do it
- Eriksen, Son and Kane are certs and I think Dele gets the nod over Lucas and Lamela

12 subs allowed on the bench, so presumably every other player who isn't injured (is Lo Celso and Foyth) plus maybe a youngster or two.

Gazzaniga, Walker-Peters, Rose, Sanchez, Dier, Sissoko, Skipp, Lamela, Moura, Sessegnon, Parrott, Tanganga or Wanyama.

Pochs post Palace interview - last question was on Olympiacos where he says he will rotate the squad. Surely will be a first if he does much rotation for a CL game

LLoris
Ndombele---Winks
Son----Dele---- Eriksen
Kane
Rest Son. Play Moura.

--‐------------------Lloris--------------------
Aurier-------Toby------Jan----------Davies
-------------Ndombele---Dier------------
-----Lucas---------Alli-----------Eriksen--
---------------------Kane-------------------

————————-Lloris
Aurier—Davinson—Vertonghen—Davies
———-Ndombele——Winks
Lucas—————-Dele——————Lamela
———————-—Kane

Rest Toby, Rose, Son and Eriksen. COYS!

This is why I could never be a manager - one minute I think we should give Sonny a rest, then five minutes later, I think he should be playing!
Suppose Poch will have one eye on the Leicester game, so maybe not a bad idea to have Sonny on the bench to come on, if needs be.

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld- Vertonghen - Davies
Winks - Ndombele
Son - Dele - Eriksen
Kane
Yesterday proved to me how important Sissoko can be. He made some very important passes that led to goals, and can bust through a midfield with easy when he gets going. I think he’ll be needed more for the Leicester game.

Son must start, he’s full of confidence. We need to get off to a winning start in the group stage.

Olympiacos are top of the Greek League on 9 points after 3 games after beating Volos Nps 5-0 yesterday - Volos Nps had been joint top with Olympiacos after two games so this was a fairly big win for Olympiacos whose performance was apparently reflected in the score.

So I'd guess Olympiacos will be full of confidence and will attack us - they recorded wins against Burnley and AC Milan to get to last 32 of EL last season and beat Woolwich away 2 seasons ago so probably wont be push overs for them. Olympiacos only got one point from a CL group containing Barcelona, Juventus and Sporting Lisbon 2 seasons ago so are used to playing strong sides in CL.

Back
Top Bottom