Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice chance for KWP to show Aurier that he’s not automotive first choice I suppose.

Will be interesting to see how Davies does, I thought he would have started a game by now he’s been fit for over a month.

I think he was building his fitness, he didn’t have a preseason after an operation to correct a groin issue that was niggling him all of last season. We all know that Poch makes a big distinction between being fit to train with the team and being in the condition to start a PL match.

Hopefully he is ready to go now, because Rose needs to start feeling the pressure. He’s been rubbish in every game so far and seems to only give his best when he has someone to challenge him.

Considering this new information...

----------------Lloris----------------
KWP---Sanchez---Jan---Davies
--------Ndombele--Winks--------
Lucas-----------Dele----------Son
------------------Kane--------------

Could also be keen on Harry dropping to the bench for Chris and Lucas playing up top.

Based upon injury news and who's not travelled, I'd guess at

Lloris
Walker-Peters, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies
Ndombele, Winks
Son, Dele, Eriksen
Kane​

Subs : Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Sissoko, Skipp, Lamela, Moura, Parrott

Not included : Wanyama, Dier (still not match fit ?)
Not Travelled : Aurier, Rose
Injured : Foyth, Lo Celso, Sessegnon

19th men : Whiteman, Tanganga

j

FWIW Jack Pitt-Brooke from The Athletic expects a lot of rotation...

No Sess, no Rose, no Aurier.
I don’t think Kane Lamela or Winks will start either.

Davies Lucas Dele KWP all in I think

Eff this is a great buzz playing in CL... i dont want to take this feeling for granted, cause theres no given right to get there each season... feel like one of the big boys, imgaine how buzzed the players are...

One of the very few certainties is that it won't be the same starting XI we saw v Palace.. Don't be surprised if you see 4 or even 5 other players.

The strongest possible eleven should start; none of this experimentation bollocks as even a draw should be seen as a defeat at this stage - we must win and you don’t win by pouncing about. If there are four or five changes he’s having a laugh! The squad can be rotated depending on the next PL match but only the first choice- his first choice XIV should play at ECL level - he can piss about in the league cup and FA cup!

Back
Top Bottom